PDA

View Full Version : Help with walk cycle

LimonaM
03-16-2004, 11:46 AM
Hello.
My character has problems when his knee is bend or when he bends his foot up (that happens all the time when walking - normal way for the cycle). So the problem is that his lower leg goes through his upper leg - legs should squeeze. Or shoe goes through the pants. How do i make my pants to crumple, crease?

I solved some with limitations, but is there another way. In human body, body parts squeeze and i can't do that just with limitations.
Thanks.

firstsingle
03-16-2004, 01:46 PM
Gotta be your weight maps for the joints bro.

Or before you bone and rig be sure to prebend the limbs. After that you may never have to use limitations.

You can get more extreem poses in no limits are set.

Mattoo
03-16-2004, 03:07 PM
It's a little difficult to see what you're describing but have you tried the muscle flexing stuff, in particular have you tried turning on Joint Compensation - that often gets rid of the nasty flexing.

SplineGod
03-16-2004, 08:16 PM
The mesh doesnt know to squeeze unless you tell it to do so. Joint compensation and muscle flexing are quick n dirty solutions to muscle deformations. You need to set up your rig with muscle bones of some kind or endormophs to simulate the squeezing.

tiler
03-17-2004, 01:42 AM
use weight maps and the joint compression tools

layout/bone properties

LimonaM
03-17-2004, 04:49 AM
Thanks, i will try with muscle bones or endomorphs.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.