PDA

View Full Version : Movieclip registration / origin frustation!!!

Ian Jones
03-16-2004, 10:22 AM
Hey, I'm getting really frustrated with MX2004. I used to just edit a symbol by double clicking it and then align it to the center of stage which put in on the moveclips registration point. Now MX2004 seems to insist on using the upper left hand corner of my graphic as the registration point!!! arg, it's driving me nuts because no matter what I try I cant get the registration point to center on my object. This means that making an object move to 0,0 is complete bullshit because you have to also subtract the width and height to actually get it to the real 0,0.

I admit this is a newb question, but I just don't understand why it has changed from MX to MX2004. Any solutions?

d_hansbury
03-16-2004, 02:06 PM
I don't know what it's called off hand but under the Info pane there is a small cube that has a center or upper left corner box that you can click in to change the registration point.

I'm not using 2004 at work so I can only reference MX.

Hope it works.

Ian Jones
03-17-2004, 01:27 PM
Thx man... it works. Not exactly as I had hoped, but it does work.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.