PDA

View Full Version : tesselation / triangulation error... help please

Paul Moran
03-16-2004, 08:06 AM
Hi All,

Im working on an architectural modelling assignment, I have received the following error whilst doing a test render with Maya Software:

// Warning: Mesh shape nurbsToPolyShape1 has no triangles in tessellation. //

Whats the best course of action ?

Cheers for your help :thumbsup:

Paul

alesmav
03-16-2004, 08:53 AM
Yes, I am familliar with that message... but every time I got it everything seemed to be fine when I rendered the scene... So did you just get the message or was somathing actually wrong with your render?

ALES

Paul Moran
03-16-2004, 09:00 AM
as soon as i get hta error in the script ed...my render stops and i get stuck with half a render :( ..seems like it doesnt like non-triangulated surfaces ...so how would i go about triangulating them ?

cheers for your help

paul

alesmav
03-16-2004, 11:46 AM
Hmm...

Try selecting the problematic objects and performing Triangulate command (under Polygons menu).

Considering that the object name is `nurbsToPolyShape1` I suppose you converted a NURBS object to polygons. If the suggestion above dosn't work, try the conversion with some other settings... For U and V I usually use "Per Span # of Iso Params"

ALES

Paul Moran
03-17-2004, 11:08 AM
i rebooted and still get the error, but it does render ...weird :p

thanks for your help mate !!

cheers, paul

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.