PDA

View Full Version : Best weighting find ever!

Levitateme
03-16-2004, 07:11 AM
I emailed this guy telling him how amazing his plugin is, i tried getting the link to work but Highend3d links NEVER work for me.

http://highend3d.com/files/dl.3d?group=mayaplugins&file_loc=weightTools_v0-v0.6-.6.zip&file_id=2512

its called WeightToolsV0.6 you can view exactly the values on screen no MORE COMPONENT EDITOR!!!! i have slaved and slaved with that gd thing and this plugin gave me exact resutls with no guessing, and i know exactly what vertice is being used by certain joints it is just a true blessing.

john_homer
03-16-2004, 07:14 PM
does it let you set the weights??

because if it only displays them, then I dont see how that can replace the conponent editor (which is buggy as hell, and would be nice if it updated... EVER!)

.j

galactor
03-16-2004, 09:37 PM
If you have a selection you must then select a bone, or an influence object, and then you can middlemouse drag to change values.

BTW i think it is still buggy too, i'm not able to hide the weights from my viewports.

:: Galactor ::

verbal007
03-17-2004, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by john_homer
the conponent editor (which is buggy as hell, and would be nice if it updated... EVER!)

Yeah, luckily the "load components" button is workin for me lately. I just wish someone knew a way of changing the default column width.

- Jeremy

john_homer
03-17-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by verbal007
Yeah, luckily the "load components" button is workin for me lately. I just wish someone knew a way of changing the default column width.

- Jeremy

yeah, I have actuall replaced my default "undo" command with

undo;
// UPDATE COMPONENT EDITOR
compEdMenuCmd CEMIAutoUpdate componentEditorPanel1WindowComponEditor;

so that it forces the cp editor to update... same for the redo....

you realise you can shorten the colums by unChecking "show path name"...

.j

stormtroopar
03-21-2004, 06:11 AM
I have tried this plugin for the past few versions, including this new v0.6 which he did added some enveloping tools based on spherical and cube 'handles' to change the weighting and falloff of weighting. First, I appreciates greatly of the work he is doinging and FINALLY someone coming up with a better display and workflow of the weighting in maya. Unfortunately though, the plugin is still very early and it is a bit unstable right now.

I am going to write him an email but I do think he serves this forum, but I think his approach is getting closer and closer to Bones Pro, a skinning plugin for Max, which is a very good thing! Bones Pro is a very good skinning tool and even the version it had 6 years ago beats maya's skinning BY FAR! It has a good color gradation visual feedback of the weights per bone / influence object and it has an envelope base approach. NO weighting of individual vertexes. And the algorithium for the deformation is VERY fast and smooth, no flying vertices..... Anyway, if someone can finally come up with a plugin just like that, it would make my days 100 times better. Last I heard, digimation was porting all their plugins to maya, so hopefully, a port of bones pro is on the horizon...

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.