PDA

View Full Version : critique my work PLEASE!

fbitonti
03-16-2004, 03:57 AM
I'm building a website for a college radio station and I was wondering if you guys could critique my work so far. Please be brutally honest don't worry about hurting my feeling you'll never see me so it's al cool and sugar coating never helped any one. Thanks for the help.

Some notes:
It is in the early stage and I know that the typography is a complete mess but I feel that their is something else that is throwing it off. I was thinking that the animation on the wires going from the speakers to the controller is a bit to much. By the way those are temporary loops on those buttons. I was also thinking that the colors need more contrast.

I was also wondering if some one could tell me why when I lay the flash movie in the browser the different items in the move do not show up exactly where I placed them you can see the anomalies from this problem when you look at the corners for the speakers.

LINK:
http://www.designfb.com/wscr/LayoutALMOSTdone5.htmlCLICK HEAR TO VIEW THE SITE I'M WORKING ON (http://www.designfb.com/wscr/LayoutALMOSTdone5.html)

gmask
03-16-2004, 04:32 AM
It takes way too long to load for one thing.. I mean I'm still waiting for it to load.. this is ridiculous! Oh now it's stopped... oh well

Queen_K
03-16-2004, 09:27 AM
Hey man, I haven't been able to review your site, It just hasn't loaded yet. Let us know when its up and working.

Cheers!

d_hansbury
03-16-2004, 01:43 PM
First off I like where your going with the calendar. Once you come up with a attractive way to fit the type in it should lok really good.

I don't know what's causing the webpage to be so wide? I had to scroll to the right just to see if I'm missing anything.

The speakers and wires aren't horrible. I had no idea that the flashing buttons were for music though and when I hit Mute, a new song played! The music loops are a little short and I don't know how well they'll fit the site.

Hope I helped.

fbitonti
03-16-2004, 03:09 PM
the music buttons arent fully functional yet so that explains those problems.

the reason you had to scroll over was intentional I want that patter to go all the way accross the screen regardless of what resolution your monitor is but maybe i should kick it back a little.

do you have any sugestions for what i should do with the type?

I was also wondering because of the huge loadtime just having one music look and putting volume controlls on the conroller connected to the speaker? what do you think about that? Thanks for the help. Overall would you say the site is attractive?

d_hansbury
03-16-2004, 03:25 PM
Dislike: The scroll arrows look like 2 different shapes and you can't scroll using the grey bar in between so it shouldn't be there if it doesn't have a function.

Like: The background and the speaker graffics.

Dislike: The cell shapes in the calendar are 2 different sizes and aside from the color difference (white/grey) there are no borders to seperate the days. The shape of the calendar's container should be a little bigger so you can see more at once. The angle on the left corner isn't bad but kinda cut's into the hours. Some improvement on the actionscripting would prevent the calendar from continuing to go off the page while clicking the buttons.

Like: The fact that the whole interface is flash.

Dislike: Some of the graphics are pixelated? Maybe draw everything in Flash.

Like: The little wire animation, but maybe change the color of the wires to reflect real world colors...which leads me to...

Dislike: A little too much grey. Now, I love the shit out of grey tones but it appears to flat. Nothing seems to pop out and the lack of crispness on the graphics makes your choice of grey seem not to work.

How some of that helped... I should get back to work now!

fbitonti
03-16-2004, 03:32 PM
Thanks that was extreamly helpfull.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.