PDA

View Full Version : Help with shader projection

jscott
03-16-2004, 02:53 AM
I'm kind of new to creating shaders in Maya so please excuse me if this is a simple question.

When I attach a shader with image maps to geometry the shader projection doesn't follow the objects local axis. So when I rotate an object the shader doesn't rotate it just keeps projecting from the same place. This obviously screws up the mapping if you rotate the object.

Can I stop this from happening or is this completely the wrong approach.

Thanks,

-jscott

CIM
03-16-2004, 03:33 AM
Group the Placement node and the Object together.

gmask
03-16-2004, 03:35 AM
set the projection to local by selecting the projection and checking local under effects

Neison
03-16-2004, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by gmask
set the projection to local by selecting the projection and checking local under effects

This may have nothing to do with what you've stated, but how is this different than creating a Texture Reference Object?

I mean, what you've said seems more efficient, but does it replace the need for a reference object?

gmask
03-16-2004, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by Neison

I mean, what you've said seems more efficient, but does it replace the need for a reference object?

Sadly no

jscott
03-16-2004, 09:29 AM
Thanks guys I got it now. Much appreciated.

-jscott

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.