PDA

View Full Version : Bring back the 1000th Post Thread Game

peachstapler
03-15-2004, 08:48 PM
This is a formal plea to allow me to finish the 5-star thread created in celebration of my 1000th post, in which I answered 20 questions from members via MSPaint. Although slightly off topic, it introduced a level of interactivity to an aching General Discussions forum, involved computer graphics, and was held in high regard by a number of members. When I noticed it had been deleted, I was panic-stricken and saddened. It had even been called the "best thread ever".

Although we had hit some rocky turf with gmask posting random images in the thread, I am certain I can finish the game's ten remaining questions in the same civil manner I maintained throughout the thread.

Respectfully yours,
peachstapler

gmask
03-15-2004, 08:50 PM
Sorry about that.. feel free to continue with it on CGblab :bounce:

Agent D
03-15-2004, 09:43 PM
For what it's worth, I thought it was much more on-topic than some of the stuff on there right now. :hmm:

peachstapler
03-15-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Agent D
For what it's worth, I thought it was much more on-topic than some of the stuff on there right now. :hmm:

Thanks. I had a lot of fun drawing for you guys, too.

Here's my snapshot, it isn't everyday that you see a five-star thread removed from the forums.

http://www.peachstapler.com/gamethread.jpg

gmask
03-15-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by peachstapler
Thanks. I had a lot of fun drawing for you guys, too.

Here's my snapshot, it isn't everyday that you see a five-star thread removed from the forums.

http://www.peachstapler.com/gamethread.jpg

That doesn't really matter.. there have been plenty of threads that were fun and and popular that have been removed.. that's why I've started cgblab but maybe once I get a serious web forum software and a domain name it will catch on.

peachstapler
03-16-2004, 03:01 AM
Regardless, whomever removed it would be welcome to explain their intentions here. I think that's reasonable. [/not angry]

gmask
03-16-2004, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by peachstapler
Regardless, whomever removed it would be welcome to explain their intentions here. I think that's reasonable. [/not angry]

Write the mods of that forum.. but basically it's their descretion.. maybe it would have stayed if I had understood what was going on with it and not gotten so silly.. who knows it doesn't really matter cause apparently threads about Jappanese commericals that Arnold has done, actual car problems, non cg related world events and castatrophies are exceptable but a little harmless humor and goofing around is not.

Somebody probably complained as that is how things work around here.

leigh
03-16-2004, 08:25 PM
Hey guys,

Please understand that we are really trying very hard to keep this place as on-topic as possible. I love a bit of humour but when it goes on for so many pages and degenerates into the silly chaos that this particular thread did (it was a bit Monty Python-esque) then it gets removed.

You must bear in mind that we come under a lot of flack from users who want CGTalk to be more professional. In the CGTalk Policy we did state that ludicrous threads face being removed. I know you guys were having fun but I hope that you can understand why I (yes it was me) removed it. I don't want to seem a party pooper but I am really making an effort to keep things CG-related as much as possible. If we allow one or two silly threads to thrive then everyone will start filling up the forums with much the same stuff.

Sorry again but I hope you understand my reasons.

peachstapler
03-16-2004, 10:39 PM
Leigh,

Thank you for posting your reasons for removing the thread, all of which I totally understand. I'm happy I was able to interact with the community and get people involved in something that, although silly, exemplified the need for humor in art.

Best wishes,
peachstapler

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.