PDA

View Full Version : Batch resize IFFs with zdepth

The-Shadow-TS
03-15-2004, 07:02 AM
I have a series of IFF files with a depth channel that I want to batch resize down to 50%. I tried doing this with photoshop and xnview, but it looses the depth channel.

The reason I'm doing this is to get the depth channel anti-aliased in Combustion and doing a resize in Combustion doesn't work, the resize image is still aliased.

Thanks,
The-Shadow-TS

rollmops
03-15-2004, 09:15 AM
It works with shake! ;)

lazzhar
03-15-2004, 11:53 AM
You always create a Photoshop Action for that. It should take your .iff file choose the z-channel and copy it to a new grayscale file, resize then save it under a new name and new file format. After that you'll get 2 files for each frame. In combustion it's better to not use .iff cuz it's really buggy and crashes a lot.

I didnt try to resize that kind of files in Combustion though, maybe ti works. I'll try it and tell you.

The-Shadow-TS
03-15-2004, 08:46 PM
Well I can't use a seperate file in Combustion as true zdepth, all you can do is use the seperate zdepth for DoF ONLY, but I need the z depth information for more then just DoF. If you know how to set it up in Combustion so that it actually uses the seperate file as depth for my layers, i'd be greatfull.

Thanks,
The-Shadow-TS

egoman
04-05-2004, 01:56 AM
Why do you want the depth map anti-aliased in the first place? It's a depth map; the value of a pixel representing its distance from the camera, and anti-aliasing the edges of a forground object would actually mean that you want them offset towards the background! I fail to see what good they will do over there.

Andreas Karlsson
Ego Studios

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.