PDA

View Full Version : best rendering setting

robamenta
03-15-2004, 03:41 AM
hello.
i'm new to this site, so hello to everyone!.
i have a few questions that i would love the answer to, but if this has been covered already, my apologies.

can someone please tell me the best way to render without the loss in quality that i am getting. have tried not compressing my avi's, but of course the file is too huge, and cannot be copied to cd as i sometimes need. and if i render with any compression, including cinepac, the quality is noticably reduced.

please help. sorry again if this has been covered.
rob

Rockape
03-16-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by robamenta
hello.
i'm new to this site, so hello to everyone!.
i have a few questions that i would love the answer to, but if this has been covered already, my apologies.

can someone please tell me the best way to render without the loss in quality that i am getting. have tried not compressing my avi's, but of course the file is too huge, and cannot be copied to cd as i sometimes need. and if i render with any compression, including cinepac, the quality is noticably reduced.

please help. sorry again if this has been covered.
rob

Well....................everyone has an opinion on this subject. I guess it all depends what you want your output to be for.In quicktime, rendering out as animation will give you great quality at a lossless rate. That means when you composite and re-render, in theory you will not lose any quality. Plus you can set it to contain an alpha channel if needed. The file sizes are still big with animation, but no way near the size of uncompressed. Sorrenson 3 for quicktime is another good choice for smaller files sizes and good image quality. For avi's ect I find divx 5 ok for sending small things over the net etc, but for quality work, I render at animation for all my work But again, it depends on what you need it for. If you look at apples site for movie previews you will see how good there image quality is and how small there files are. A little bird told me they actually use a number of codecs throughout the preview.Hope this helps you mate, let me know if I can help anymore.

amit
03-16-2004, 06:39 PM
hello

just give a shot to this

take your render seq. in After Effect
and render the seq. with sorenson compresiion(sorry for the spelling).

this will reduces the file size, quality loss will be very less.

all the best

amit

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.