PDA

View Full Version : Plumber's Nightmare, Antropus (3D)

Antropus
03-14-2004, 09:25 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/22416/plumber_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/22416/plumber.jpg)

Ok guys, one week practically without to eat or to sleep, working very hard to send another work for 3D Awards 2004. Have just sent this work and I know that could be better if I had more time to conclude it. So, I think I made the best than I was able to do inside of this small period. :shrug:

Comments are always welcome.
Thanks.

http://www.antropus.com/thomas/thomashigh001.jpg

http://www.antropus.com/thomas/thomashigh002.jpg

westiemad
03-14-2004, 09:46 PM
i'll get in first then :), I've seen this one since you had your facial animation test (which I think I e-mailed you about :) ), and I must say I'm impressed, I like the expression, the texturing, the model is nice (bar his front foot appears to go in the floor), and his knee cap is a little flat on the back foot, but they are a bitch to rig in extream poses, but on the whole, absolutly superb, I only wish I could produce work like this.

AnDy

Pi3141
03-14-2004, 09:51 PM
This is just gorgeous in every sense. You inspire me :buttrock:

SirManfred
03-14-2004, 09:52 PM
Beautiful texturing, love it.
Hopefully i'll see this at over at the 3d festival then :D

Agilers
man that is awesome......really good stuff...
can't wait to see a complete animation...
:bowdown: :beer: :applause:

Rodi
It's interesting why you have chosen to place a bl&^%$ man in such a *%&%&*$

Jb5k1
03-14-2004, 09:54 PM
wow, that is utterly amazing. Would I be guessing right if I said that went along with that crazy lookin old bag with the shotgun the made the front page about a week ago?

I think its awesome. The only thing I see that my eye went at was that his face looks chubbier than his body and arms, but it's probably just cause of the positioning.

EXCELLENT

Man
03-14-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by G.Rodi
It's interesting why you have chosen to place a black man in such a crappy job.

let's not start....

great work (again):D

Akira2506
03-14-2004, 09:59 PM
WoW! That's a great piece of work. All the small details really add together to contribute to this amazing piece. I especially love the ID tag and the facial expression.

-Akira :)

Goro
don't know what to say...
It's perfect!!!
:bowdown:

SirManfred
G.Rodi: Why would it matter what skin color he has? There is no difference between people and people no matter what color his/her skin is.

Animator395
03-14-2004, 10:00 PM
The place should be condemned, but the artist should be commended! Great Job!:thumbsup:

TRyanD
03-14-2004, 10:03 PM
http://img35.photobucket.com/albums/v105/TRyanD/Smileys/PostWires.gif

Rodi
03-14-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Sir_Manfred
G.Rodi: Why would it matter what skin color he has? There is no difference between people and people no matter what color his/her skin is.

Thats exactly how i feel, i just thought it was interesting,

Goon
03-14-2004, 10:10 PM
G.Rodi: a previous post by Antropus was (imo very unjustly) flamed, because it appeared to many to be racist. His character is a plumber. A black plumber. This character has been created for a short film he is doing.

You ask why should a black man have such a crappy job? There is no reason he shouldn't. The same applies for any person, regardless of their race, so lets not make an issue of this.

Antropus: an excellent render. I look forward to the day when I too will be able to do something like this.

However, it strikes me as too well illuminated. For example under the sink is nearly as bright as the rest of the room. [edit] though looking at it further, there are areas of deep shadow. So I'm not really sure why the underside of the sink is so bright.

KolbyJukes
03-14-2004, 10:12 PM
Seriously G. Rodi, don't even go down this road again...just drop it.

Awesome work Antropus! The texture is spectacular...especially on his outstreched arm, I don't know why that part stands out, but it does. The body is very well modeled.

:applause:

-Kol.

Ariel
03-14-2004, 10:13 PM
i like your attention to detail but it seems that every single element in your scene is fighting for attention. The tile textures, the guy's face, the fan... all of them right now have areas of very high contrast and noise so the viewer's eye roams around the picture without knowing exactly where to look. So in your case the excess of detail/contrast/saturatopn takes a lot away from the impact of the image.

Rodi
03-14-2004, 10:15 PM
I completely agree Goon, i don't think there is an issue here, great work btw, The blury effect of the floor pattern is slightly distracting to my eyes..

Bredro1
03-14-2004, 10:16 PM
Looks great...[his] left leg looks a little flat... but it really good.
Btw....nothin wrong with bein a plumber....those guys make some serious money;)

Bredro1

Ariel
03-14-2004, 10:18 PM
I guess an image explains it better. Here's what I mean.
I took you image and desaturated it and increased the contrast to a 100%, plus reduced the image to see if it would read from far. This is the result:

http://www.arieldiaz.com/images/composition1.jpg

you can see that at this stage it is pretty hard to read and your eye doesn't know where to rest.

BRUTICUS
03-14-2004, 10:21 PM
Love the Model texturing, expressions and obvious skill level. Not sure how natural the pose is for a still. Seeing how its from an animation im not doubting the animation will be great. I seen the facial tests aswell.

Ariel
03-14-2004, 10:21 PM
I did the same thing to an NC Wyeth painting so you could see what i mean about readability.

http://www.arieldiaz.com/images/wyeth.jpg

Here's the original Wyeth painting in color:

http://www.zayatz.com/images/opa/Wyeth/Wyeth_D.jpg

Grugi
03-14-2004, 10:25 PM
I love everything of it.. the modelling, the lighting and texturing. Very nice use of colours.

:thumbsup:

caflop
03-14-2004, 10:32 PM
A few points:

This is a beautiful render regarless of the time constraints. It's nice to see something other than the usual car or half-naked woman. The render has a nice quality and the textures definitely help bring it alive.

I'd imagine the use of a black guy was arbitrary, but even if it wasn't, it's a lot more common for a black guy to have a pretty crappy guy than a white guy. It's a reality, not a racist opinion.

Antropus
03-14-2004, 10:50 PM
Thanks a lot for the plug and for the great tips and comments here!

Here some more angles and wire:

http://www.antropus.com/temp/pose001.jpg

http://www.antropus.com/temp/pose002.jpg

http://www.antropus.com/temp/pose003.jpg

http://www.antropus.com/temp/wire.jpg

cya

SheepFactory
03-14-2004, 11:01 PM
Can I be honest here for a sec:

I think your attention to detail is awesome , but the image does not work on any level , flat lighting , colors are clashing all over , no focal point whatsoever.

You put too much detail in the image and I dont know where to look at it makes me dizzy. I think it would be better if it were simpler.

His left leg seems collapsed and flat by the way , you would get very different folds in the pants with a pose like that , wear cargo pants and kneel down like that to see what I mean.

Hope this helps ,
Ali

Vushvush
03-14-2004, 11:15 PM
I think mostly better lighting would solve almost all of these problems. Just to define and focus attention a bit more. Perhaps somne depth of field can be introduced, but I'm not sure considering the lens....

I'd also check shadow casting/recieving flags. It seems some objects aren't casting shadows and some are not recieving :P

DeadWards
03-14-2004, 11:15 PM
Holy poop on a stick !.. someday I hope to be 1/2 as good as you.. If that day ever shows up thats another question.. You image is all around great! I can't crit it in any way I only see small problems and it might just be me! Super work as always ! Good luck on the contest

chikega
03-14-2004, 11:16 PM

As a side note, most of the plumbers I know make a whole lot more than most artists I know. Just a personal observation. Sad but true.

eezie
03-14-2004, 11:32 PM
These texures are amazing, and the lighting is great too.

As far as the bluring thing.. you could do that with several paintings.. leaving only the ones without other stuff within the scene to pass your test or whatetver.

again, this is hot.

3dflasher
03-14-2004, 11:36 PM
Freakin Wow! The machine strike again....I sware you are a cyborg. You are really quick at producing high calibur art. I love the clothes you put on him. The colors make him look very friendly and will make the audience sympathetic to him, in your short. I dont like to crit work at this calbur (personal ideals), but I have to agree with Ariel. Your work is just amazing, but now that you threw in a center of focus....the scene is overloaded with CG goodness. My eyes are going everywhere. I want to soak it all in cause its just so damn good. It might affect the flow of the story. I know you will make it work, but just keep in mind Ariels tip. A good thing to do like every 10 minutes is to squint your eyes out of focus and you will see where the focus is in the scene is.

Freakin great work. Keep everyone posted

Slurry
03-14-2004, 11:38 PM
What makes being a plumber a crappy job?

:rolleyes:

sizzlebits
03-14-2004, 11:39 PM
excellent work.

Lekku
03-14-2004, 11:43 PM
I like the character and the concept, but I agree about the lighting. Also, the pose.... It's like one half of his body is slumped to the left, but his arm is tense against the wall on the right. Different parts of the body are competing for attention. I think changing the position of the arm on the right, would help trmendously. Maybe uif he were olding a tool, or something? Anyway, You have a great peice, and I don't mean to discourage you by any means, just making some suggestions.

BTW: Plumbers can make pretty good money, especially Master Plumbers. It's all in your point of view. being a soldier, actor, or politician could be great or terrible, depending on the person's point of view.

Rodi
03-14-2004, 11:49 PM
Being a plumber is not a crap job, but look at the image, poor guy is in it with all those cockroaches, ehhhhh lol

Kel Solaar
03-14-2004, 11:50 PM
Very good work! everything is well done (light, mod and shaders) :)

kuranda
03-14-2004, 11:55 PM
Hi,

I like what you've done - modelling, textures etc.

What I see as missing is a central point telling us why he is so glum. The environment is dirty & depressing, but I'm expecting to see 'the last straw', the thing that just polished off his day.

A suggestion would be to actually show us what it is under that sink. What has gotten him so down.

Cheers

nvvm
03-15-2004, 12:01 AM
As far as the detail goes I see nothing wrong with having so much your eyes don't know where to rest it's a Afocal work. Good work, the other comments have more merit IMHO.

nineinchneil
03-15-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Slurry
What makes being a plumber a crappy job?

:rolleyes:

i would say the crap he has to deal with. . . ;)

Mirandinha
03-15-2004, 12:10 AM
His ring finger looks broken in the shot that shows him from the side... Altough I do realize that wasn't the angle he was supposed to be shown in the first place... Just wanted to point that out anyway :)

Other than that, absolutely amazing. as aways. Congratulations, Antropus! Hope you win! :applause: :applause: :applause:

Phrenzy84
03-15-2004, 12:30 AM
very nice texutring, and i really likethe style. Its a great image.

Ive been watchin u develop this guy, and its come leaps and bounds.

cant wait for more.

sheffdog
03-15-2004, 12:33 AM
First off, great work!

Two nitpicky details:

1. Who Tiles the inside of their sink cabinet? I would go for some
rotten wood and maybe some nasty cabinet paper lining on the bottom.

and

2. I doubt most plumbing companies would have
such a nicely lit ID badge photo.
I would have it more washed out with bad color.

My 2 cents

-/\/\ason

l-a-akira
03-15-2004, 12:40 AM
Looks very good to me.. The one thing that really seems odd is the glancing highlights on the right side of the face. Dont you think the light coming from the window would be far more luminous than the light reflected off the wall?

mrtprodz
03-15-2004, 12:41 AM
wow! impressive level of details.. i hope one day i'll acquire skillz like that. i just have to admit that my eyes were everywhere in the picture, lots of things to check in it :applause:

Zendorf
03-15-2004, 12:48 AM
Amazing work that is instantly recognisable as your own! Not many people can reach this level of work, especially as I know how good your rigging skills are...hanging to see this whole character animated after seeing that plumber head test :drool:

Would have to agree with some of the previous critiques....ie lack of focus in scene(could be fixed by having environment less well lit than the character...a night time look would be cool), left leg looking flat and crushed and also the roaches are looking too even and "staged"...maybe you could add some size and colour variation on them and have some different poses....maybe some squashed ones as well?

Take these suggestions with a large grain of salt, as the image is already awesome :thumbsup:

oxyg3n
03-15-2004, 12:51 AM
I really like the image. IT is very busy with things to look at but I think that can work to its advantage too.

Locutus
03-15-2004, 12:54 AM
All I can say is WOW. Your work is awe inspiring.
I really have no critiques. Seeing your work pushes me to improve my own.

Hickory
03-15-2004, 01:11 AM
I find the mixture of lighting and texturing makes the piece muddy.

Some of the items around the room such as bottles and tools are lost. Great lighting on the plumber, but maybe cast a little light on the tools on the floor. I find they are flat and kinda disappear into the floor.

Do you have english versions of your tutorials? I am totally intrigued by your tutorials, but alas I don't know spanish...

agreenster
03-15-2004, 01:30 AM

What a wanker comment.

What you should have said is, "It's interesting that you've chosen a black man as the pinnacle chacater of your demo reel."

-----------anyway

Superb image, and character. I also remember this dude from when you were setting up the face. Amazing stuff.

Consider me inspired. :bowdown:

PedroToledo
03-15-2004, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Hickory2.5
Do you have english versions of your tutorials? I am totally intrigued by your tutorials, but alas I don't know spanish...

Hey, we speak potuguese here in Brazil!! ;)

Anyway, comming back to the Thread´s subject...

I don´t think the scene has any problem of focus. I think there may be a problem about the size of it in the screen. I don´t know the resolution of your monitors but here in my computer I can´t take a look at the hole image at once from the browser window... So I´ve copied it and openned in Photoshop, zoomed out and... Wow! It works really nice!

http://pedrotoledo.com.br/imagemforum/thomasfull%5b1%5d.jpg

I´ve also tried to get some construction lines out of it... I think it has a lot of structure! :thumbsup:

http://pedrotoledo.com.br/imagemforum/thomasfull%5b2%5d.jpg

Awesome job, Antropus! As usual!

TRyanD
03-15-2004, 02:08 AM
Great job :)

The wire really shows me a few things i wouldnt have expected hehe.

:beer: :thumbsup:

Love seeing this kinda stuff :)

dg
03-15-2004, 02:26 AM
Heya Antro!!!

WOW is all that I need to say, you rock and you know it ;)

I'm glad to hear from you again, long time no speak and please start to eat man and sleep a bit, too much CG can kill you and we need you alive man...hehehe!

Hope to talk to you soon.

Cheers,
dg

DoLeeP
03-15-2004, 02:45 AM
Beautiful texturing
I like it alot and ur work brilliant:thumbsup::thumbsup:

FireLotus
03-15-2004, 02:53 AM
Crits are pretty much well outlined. Despite the absense of tweaks you would have done had you more time, the piece is still good. If it werent for my squirminess for roaches, I would have that detail picture as my wallpaper... mainly because the facial expression Thomas has is so expressive of what he's thinking. In that alone, I would call this success. Great job on such a wonderful character and environment. The rest is just tweaks. :applause:

Ac0rN
03-15-2004, 04:06 AM
heh , you keep doing frontpage all the time , nice :)

Antropus
03-15-2004, 04:10 AM
Wow! So many replies. Thanks a lot for your critics and sugestions :)
I made some adjustments that you have noticed:
- over light on the right side of his face now looks better (faking wall light bounce);
- the pots now cast shadows.

Just a few corrections because, as I said before, I already sent the image to 3D Awards.

Some details:

Software: Maya
Original size: 3400 x 2266
Render passes: 3
- beauty pass with "fakeosity";
- another just with the plumber+fakeosity;
- ambient occlusion pass over the entire scene (Dirtmap shader using Mental Ray).
Render engine: Maya default render and MR just for ambient occusion pass.
Number of polygons: about 950.000 (for the final version, after smooth)

You rock guys! :buttrock:

Downwrdspiral
03-15-2004, 04:25 AM
Geez, you guys are too sensitive. Leave the racism out of the art, it plays no role here in any sence.

Great character and expressions, I really think you shouldve submitted the first piece with the old woman, but thats your choice. Dont let these touchy people make your decisions for you. Remember art is a freedom of expression, no matter what you want to express, even if people dont understand it.

Keep up the great work!

XavierChill
03-15-2004, 04:53 AM
WOW!

ivo D
03-15-2004, 05:01 AM
Antropus : it looks great man, some texture could be better do, but cant wait to see it;)

davedavidson
03-15-2004, 05:04 AM
very inspiring work
i agree with some of the crits here but i also think that the detail and lack of focus works as it does in a real life situation, ie every thing not organized into order to draw ppl to a subject. this works well here
the only that that bugs me is the floor pattern it almost looks like its light in the spots. if u get me
very inspiring work m8 cant wait to see more:applause:

electropulse
03-15-2004, 05:13 AM
omg! start stomping!

nice image, the second picture is great!

DesertKnight23
03-15-2004, 05:30 AM
Amazing Stuff man, great style, I also really liked your previouse work as well. Excellent detail. Let me guess..... "Joe's Apartment" is one of your favorite movies, right?

cheybea
03-15-2004, 06:13 AM
i really like this character....i love his expressions...your texture work is wonderful, as usual!
keep it up! :thumbsup:

-chels

shyy
03-15-2004, 06:26 AM
awesome texturing and creepy

Sas.hun
03-15-2004, 07:11 AM
Very Nice Work!! :thumbsup:

Congrat! :beer:

olijosman
03-15-2004, 07:12 AM
mmm....cockroaches! very good work, and expressive too!:thumbsup:

jdsb
03-15-2004, 07:47 AM
omg :eek: :surprised

jtuulos
03-15-2004, 07:47 AM
One place that annoys me is the table where the sink is. In the wire you can see that it isn't so dense in detail and you can see it in the rendered pic too. You should add some displacement/bump detail so that the edges wouldn't look so sharp and clean and maybe the floor should be different than the room's floor.

Anyway, GREAT work, I love your style! Keep up the good work! :D :cool:

Rodi
03-15-2004, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by agreenster
What a wanker comment.

What you should have said is,

I think you should also watch what you say, Thats a pritty much 'wanker' comment as well, i didn't mean what i said like that, so easy, don't bust your balls at me.

PiPS
03-15-2004, 08:45 AM
Wow.. very funny image, I like !...
Perhaps more "bump" in the tiling, that would hang more the light !

Frenkie
03-15-2004, 08:52 AM
It amazing man, if you have now time, finish it !

Lara
03-15-2004, 09:08 AM
I like it a lot, very good!! :thumbsup:

worm
03-15-2004, 09:22 AM
I don’t have inaph words to describe how fibulas the work is, so keep it going

:buttrock: :beer: :buttrock:

storman
03-15-2004, 10:46 AM
It`s the super work. Exellent!!!

Fantastic!!!

:beer: :bounce::bounce: :beer:

renderwoman
03-15-2004, 11:06 AM
wowww!
i lnow your character!!!
and i really love the short anim stuff!!!
veeery amazing! i'm still waiting for the animation:SenzAzione:D
hope u do it in a shorter time with higher quality!
--A suggestion:
dont u think the cockroaches are too many,in the scene?:D
although i really love them!:D
Hope u the best,
:bounce:
Cheers,
Ahmadali Asali

PiledotNET
03-15-2004, 11:10 AM
Antropus and his shaders :thumbsup:

Liked the colors a lot, I can feel there's life coming from the picture.

For sure it's inspiring!

Congrats :beer:

Mr.Vengeance
03-15-2004, 11:15 AM
i like your plumber:) , great textures and light, can't wait to see your short!:)

gl for your entry 3d awards

prophecy313
03-15-2004, 11:52 AM
It is really good, GOOD JOB!:applause: :applause: :applause:

elnady
03-15-2004, 12:01 PM
Gre8 work as usual:love:

Julez4001
03-15-2004, 12:41 PM
Anthropus. Its a fantastic image.
Great detail, lighting, shading and the whole works.
My hat off to you.

I will agree with others is that it has so much detail, full saturation and even light that my eye is all over the place which is not necessarily bad. Maybe for your own personal time, try relitting it just for an alternative outlook from the critiques from
the board.

---- side note------

G.Rodi, no one know why you would ask that question? you put it out there for everyone to interpret differently. Was it racist? No one knows, maybe you should follow up on it so you can clarify your point.

firstsingle
03-15-2004, 12:45 PM
Now, that's a dirty crib! Good Job.

G.Robi
Get a life or some creativity dude. Why don't you take that racial crap somewhere else. Can't see you winning a grammy anytime soon with that attidude. In case you haven't noticed, Blacks, Whites, Mexicans, China men. We all have had crap jobs at some time in our lives.

gent_k
03-15-2004, 12:50 PM
Wow , great work as usual.

You could try adding some depth of field, and the cockroach on his left hand looks like its floating(no shadows under it).

Supervlieg
03-15-2004, 12:56 PM
Excellent job, I can almost smell the room.

Sue3d
03-15-2004, 12:59 PM
I love his expression, he has so much personality. Great character! :thumbsup:

vonbon
03-15-2004, 02:22 PM
I probably shouldn’t post this but as a black man myself I’m just glad we were portrayed as something other than a Rapper or a Ball Player.

Thanks Antropus.

Oh yea my critique. All I would say is that the room is so dirty, what up wit the window being so clean, and I would also put something outside the window.

Peace!!!
:buttrock:

tarun_don
03-15-2004, 02:31 PM
OK!

one question :wise:

is it that u don't wanna work with big names(ILM,pixar,sony..)?

or u don't wanna work with big names(ILM,pixar,sony..)?

OR

u really don't wanna work with big names(ILM,pixar,sony..)?

:buttrock: :bowdown:

Antropus
03-15-2004, 02:39 PM
Just what I can say is THANKS A LOT guys. Some great comments here, as always. And thanks to all brazilian guys posting here. CGTalk rocks :buttrock:

tarun_don,
man, I would love to work at a great studio, but I believe that this is a remote dream because I still need to work a lot to approach of those artists' level.
Maybe one day :drool:

foxco
03-15-2004, 02:59 PM
first off i realy like the image and i love the facial test u did a while back i leanred alot from just looking at it =D

secondly i would have to agree that it is hard to focus on any particular space with in this image, there are bright highlights all over and it grabs the eye along with the colors. and i think it would be nice if u added a depth blur , make the front and back slightly blurry, it will focus attention on the centre and u wont lose all of your detail.

/fox

danb
03-15-2004, 03:03 PM
Antropus this is an excellent piece of work. I have been admiring it since the avatar stages.

Everyone has basically covered everything to be said so i won't go into that.

I however am also a huge admirer of you facial animation system for this guy. Could you talk about the process and how the facial bones are driven?

ju3d
03-15-2004, 03:16 PM
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Que isso hein Antropus!!

Ficou muito bom mesmo hein!!!:thumbsup:

E as animações quando vão sair...???

protohiro
03-15-2004, 03:47 PM
Really great. I actually like this piece a lot better than the other one...the controversial one. I think it may have been a blessing in disguise because you went back to work and really came out with a fantastic piece. I feel like this one reads so clear and has so much personality. I really love this piece!

btw, I've been looking at the tuts on your site, really helpful stuff.

mimo8
03-15-2004, 04:11 PM
great

uau Antro, isso tá genial!!
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
Parabéns!!
Abração
character
03-15-2004, 05:41 PM
Hey Antropus. Great work! I remember the facial rig for this guy you did and was hoping you'd do something else with it. I like how you kept him a plumber =) Image looks fine to me. I don't know about everyone else buy everytime I look at this pic I go straight to the eyes. You can feel pain, at least I can. I was a janitor, er, custodial engineer once and I know the feeling =p. Keep it up and good luck =)

SpiritWalker
03-15-2004, 05:53 PM
this is just so amazing man!! incerdible! i have been watching your work for some time man and its amazing!!!

great job!!! :buttrock:

SilvioToledo
03-15-2004, 06:01 PM
Hey, Antropus

I really think the big companies are not looking at your talent.
probably they're working so hard that did't find time to see the web foruns!
You're already prepared to work with the best ones 'cause you're one of the bests!
But we know they will see you very soon.

Lucky for CG awards!

Silvio Toledo

dm1nd
03-15-2004, 06:38 PM
Excelente work!!
Love it!:thumbsup:

JRBRAZ
03-15-2004, 07:17 PM
Amazing work, like always :applause: :drool:

I think this is a great work to WIN the 3d awards. Just wait and see.

gpepper
03-15-2004, 07:19 PM
Nice ! I really liked your black man when i went to your site last year ! But the difference in this picture is the rendering... Not really realistic, but really nice... I can't stand and wait for your short film ! Quick ! :bounce:

Plays_4_Pants
03-15-2004, 07:54 PM
Gotta love that expression on his face. Tremendous work. The only thing that bothers me a tad is the lighting. The shadows seem very off and on as if some things create strong shadows while others have none at all.
The detail is phenomenal, and I love the way I can look for 5 minutes and not see everything.:thumbsup:

unwrap
03-15-2004, 07:57 PM
Wow Antropus!!! :applause:

darcru
03-15-2004, 09:09 PM
I think the expression and emotion is very powerful

Devilsnok
03-15-2004, 09:58 PM
wow!!!! It's perfect!!!!!!

sswift
03-15-2004, 10:56 PM
I really love the plumber character you have created. His facial expressions are great, and his antamomy is convincing. I might make his arms a little thinner, but I am no expert on anatomy, and otherwise he looks perfect.

I do however, not like the colors and textures you have chosen for his clothing and environment.

The wall and floor textures are what I find most unappealing.

The floor tiles appear blurry because of how you have darkened the tiles towards the grout, and I have rarely if ever seen tiles that have dark grout between them. Also, the way they continue under the sink makes the image confusing. I would make the area under the sink have a different texture.

The wall tiles on the other hand aren't bad as far as texture goes, but the repetition is annoying. I would stop the tiles right where his hand rests on the wall, and above his hand have the wall simply be painted. This would make the background a lot less busy and would make the plumber stand out more from it.

Aside from the above, I might play with the colors of the plumber's clothing, and I would definitely work on the light... See how the light comes through the window? That's great... Having that light fall across the plumber would look awesome, IF you tone down the ambient light in the rest of the scene. This would make the background darker overall, which would also help to draw the plumber out, and it would also serve to obscure the foreground obejcts more, which would also draw more attention to the plumber.

I would also remove the light from behind the wall fan, and just have it lead to a dark tunnel, as it makes the back wall appear thin.

As for the sink, I would remove the basket, and the two glasses, but leave the green teapot. I would also make the faucet more grey and less rusty, perhaps darker so that it stands out more so that it's more obvious it is a sink. Lastly, I would fix the goemetry around the hole leading under the sink so it does not appear so thin, and I would make the area under the sink darker than the rest of the scene... You could use a negative light to achieve that effect if the rest of the scene is lit with ambient light, I think.

Finally, I'd make stove window darker with less contrast, and make the sink doors white or perhaps green to match the tile. And I'd probably darken up the plumber's overalls, and possibly make them have more of a blusih green tint than a yellowish green tint.

Yoshua
03-16-2004, 12:50 AM
Great Work!

The modelling is great, texturing GREAT, lighting is great, the Colors are great, Detail is great... Umm not much else to say :\ but great WORK!

Hmm, nothing for me to crit, and I think everything has already been said...

Now I must get home and model something :P

Cya :thumbsup:

Intensity
03-16-2004, 01:20 AM
Now that is what i call superb. NIce work.

3D graphic designer (http://www.intensedevelopment.net/Tampa-Graphic-design.html)
Business web site design (http://www.intensedevelopment.net)

GKdesign
03-16-2004, 02:14 AM
wow man... :thumbsup:
I am your fan Antroupus... :bowdown:
this is incredible... :applause:
could only be Brazilian :beer:
congratulations.

DAbuel
03-16-2004, 02:34 AM
excellent work!:bowdown: :bowdown:

BartokDesign
03-16-2004, 02:39 AM
Demais DemaissssSSSSSSS
A animacao entao mata a pau
:bounce: :applause:

King_bruce
03-16-2004, 03:23 AM
Nice work dudde, but guys lets have some contractive comets pls for the last 5-6 pages all I have seen was “GRATE WORK or LOVE YOUR STILE” although that’s true :wip: I like to be a bit harsh, so here is what I think that can be improved: I don’t really like his knees, the texturing can be more accurate in that regain…

Also about the comment that Rodi made, I don’t think he really meant it to come out that way, he sounds like a genuine person with a open mind

bruce

Garma
03-16-2004, 06:32 AM
I think all has been said, so I wont add crits. Excellent work, very very nice. I've seen the facial animation thing, looked great, I can see the guy talk and work on his job :)

LucianoBerutti
03-16-2004, 12:35 PM
I didn´t see until today!!!! I´m very busy! :beer: Again you get produce an incredible artistic image with the plumber, everything is very good, the framing, the colors and contrasts, Congratulations ! the only comment would be in his clothes that really are not easy to bring a satisfactory result, you could spend more time on it, but exactly thus.. Congratulations your works are incredible!

See you!!!!
:thumbsup:

Gaone Zanku
03-17-2004, 09:56 PM
Great Job!
but the kucarachas have no shadows

why?

try to use cast shadows button

Antropus
03-17-2004, 10:30 PM
Thanks a lot guys! E obrigado aos meus amigos brasileiros ;)

Gaone Zanku,
Thanks for the tip man. I'll try to use the "kucarachas cast shadow button" in the next time :thumbsup:

rafaelgm
04-11-2004, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by Gaone Zanku
Great Job!
but the kucarachas have no shadows

why?

try to use cast shadows button
Actually they do cast shadows (look at the toolbox, for example)

Great work Antropus! What can I say? Just AMAZING!!!:bowdown::thumbsup:

theledge
04-12-2004, 02:36 AM
the only thing that catches me out is the face

the expression i get from the character is that hes pretty down and out,

there would be alot of pressure from his head resting on the right arm
and thus his face would be more pushed up on his right side, its kind of happening on the bottom side of his lip but the guy looks queit flabby to me.

maybe if the right eye/brow was more closed strected up wards at the moment its sagging, yet hes resting on that side of the face, the problem is that it might conflict with the expression you are trying to give of boredom.

fluids
03-17-2005, 09:38 PM
i love the expression on his face. i get a real feel for the situation.

CGTalk Moderation
03-17-2005, 09:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.