PDA

View Full Version : syflex -> batch render problems

tinitus
03-13-2004, 02:37 PM
think I could use some help.
if I want to render in maya software rendermode a scene with some cloth made with syflex the cloth appears but whenever I try to batchrender the complete scene it disappears...all the other objects stay visible...hm...don't know what it could be...
is there any other possibility to render an animation without using the batchrender?
thx for help

Vushvush
03-13-2004, 03:43 PM
The Cache plug in is buggy, in that it doesn't automatically load on start up, nor does it get tagged as loaded, so when Maya opens a batch render session, it doesn't try to load the plug in, and the cloth in turn doesn't get loaded.

You need to get something like the renderview extensions from highend3D, manually load load the plug in, THEN load the scene, now render a sequence through the renderview.

This is retarded, and there must be a better workaround since I know bigger studios use syflex regularly. If someone wants to give a better solutions please do, and/or tell syflex that having so many bugs in a version 2.1 is silly :)

NOTE: I assume you'd be able to write a script into the scene file, to load the plug before the geometry, but I'm not sure how to go about doing this.

tinitus
03-13-2004, 04:50 PM
oh thx...
especially for the idea with the renderview extension...this might help me out!
hm...last please...could you tell me the name of the plug-in couldn't find it on highend3d.com

big thx!

tinitus
03-16-2004, 07:21 PM
So...I wrote a little script...and it realy works.
thy for the tip that the batch render didn't load the plug_in...
here is the script...feel free to improve it and let me know...!

int $i;
for ($i = 0; $i < x; $i++) {
currentTime $i ;
render;
}

instread of the x you have to give in the number of frames you want to render +one

the output file can be found at ..."myDocs"/maya/projects/default/images/

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.