PDA

View Full Version : will delphi help me?

tejani
03-13-2004, 02:37 AM
i am gonna learn delphi
will that language help me to learn maya script
or i would rather learn c++

ktpr
03-13-2004, 05:43 AM
Use MEL itself. that'll help you learn it ;) Also, go with C and C++ Python is pretty cool too.

strarup
03-13-2004, 09:27 AM
Hi tejani,

it kind of depends on what you want to use it for... you could maybe use Delphi to e.g. make some things... e.g. a Delphi Melwrapper, or some program to do some batch rendering stuff...

usually if you learn one Programming language quite well, it is usually easier to adopt/learn another programming language...

regarding Mel scripts, it is quite similar to the C language... but there are some great resources on the net about Melscript, and also a couple of books... however you can also learn quite much about MEL via the script editor and the Maya helpfiles...

but if you later on would e.g. like to program plugins to Maya, I would suggest you to learn C++... :)

regards

Strarup

tejani
03-13-2004, 11:42 AM
thank u for ur advice
first of all i dont have any experience at programming
so
what kind of c++ can i learn
visual c++
or c++(i dont know if there are types of it)
or visual studio.net
i am very confused
i am interested in plugins (want to be plugin maker)
so i am seeking yr advice

orvski
04-11-2004, 06:06 PM
hmm, seems no one has answered your last questions so i will do it for you:

those things you have mentioned: visual c++, visual studio.net are merely compilers which means that whatever you use will be fine.

since you are just starting up, get yourself a c++ book and use one of the free c++ compilers available online for the sake of simplicity, vc.net has alot of stuff you dont need to pay attention to if youre just learning c++.

my suggestion for compiler for your learning would be: Dev C++ , start a search on google.

learn delphi too if you like, the more you know, the better understanding you'll have about programming itself.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.