PDA

View Full Version : save as rasta image

jungjedi
03-13-2004, 01:54 AM
ive been told i can save an image as a rasta file for importing into xsi.how do i do this

name
03-13-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by jungjedi
ive been told i can save an image as a rasta file for importing into xsi.how do i do this

I think you mean raster, but are actually talking about vector. You can export paths to 3ds Max so I assume you could do the same for XSI. If you go to file...export...paths to Illustrator, it will save your file as an .ai which can be brought into your 3d app.

halo
03-13-2004, 08:45 PM
raster file...;)

but they may be asking for that because thats what texture maps are

just open the file in PS and save as a tiff

jungjedi
03-14-2004, 02:12 AM
sorry for the typo.i got the tiff thing down now.i looked to import it into xsi under wireframe rotoscope.got nothing.what paths do i use to import an image to use as a template?:bounce:

name
03-15-2004, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by jungjedi
sorry for the typo.i got the tiff thing down now.i looked to import it into xsi under wireframe rotoscope.got nothing.what paths do i use to import an image to use as a template?:bounce:

Originally I thought you were referring to exporting paths into XSI so that you could say...extrude them or whatever for something like a logo, or letters, or a shape you drew in PS or Illustrator.

I don't really understand your question "what paths do i use to import an image to use as a template?" Sorry...could you elaborate please? If you're just trying to import a picture of something you're trying to model as a template, I have no idea how to do that in XSI, but paths have nothing to do with that. Sorry if I'm answering questions you're not even asking. Maybe post back as to what exactly you're trying to do.

jungjedi
03-16-2004, 05:45 AM
i want to import a fractal image from photoshop and use it to trace out an 3d image in xsi.havent you ever done something like useing an image of a dinasour from from photoshp to use to make an image in xsi.i saW IT DONE IN AN ED HARRIS TUTORIAL .BUT THAT WAS XSI 1.5

uncon
03-16-2004, 07:27 PM
well, I think you need to be asking this question in the XSI forum.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.