I think that you might get a few more views if you made the file size a LOT smaller. It takes over a few minutes for it to load, and it's not even complete, I'm on DSL, I feel bad for the 56k'rs.
03-12-2004, 05:59 AM
Okay, couple things. i'll start with the models themselves.
- The head seems too wide - just fro looking st the distnace from the side of the ehad to the eyes, seems off.
- The hand doesn't seem to be girpping the staff realisitcally, needs to feel a little tighter/stronger.
- The upper torso need to be a little broader i think, seems like form above the hips there is no width variation.
-For this note, yes, i'm a guy, so u can disregard is you want :P, but i think her breats are too small personally, i think they should be a little larger, and when viewed fomr the fron like this, will 'overhang' the sides a bit.
- Again with the breasts, but this time with the plate, the armour just seems to come to a much too definite point, smooth that out i think.
- There's a sharp straight crease on her neck, it just seems out of place.
Alright, thats it for the modelling, now for textures - it just seems to me that the wings, the staff and the armour are all too similar in appearce, i think u have to vary ur textures more.
For the composition of the piece, i think it's very nice, but there are something's i would change.
- Her wings, they seem to be made of stone or something - though i don't think you have to ascribe to popular views, I don't think the stone looks great, and it's way too dark, so it hides all detail.
- The staff, personally, i think if you replaced the sphere on top with one that was strecthed to stand much taller, i think it would fit in much better.
- elbow armour, stands out, personally i don't think it's necessary.
- The leather strap that extend to her waist - doesn't seem to have any fuction, if its a shoulder strap, either have it travel behind her back, or attach it so it looks much more secure.
-Love the rings! very cool idea.
-The overall image is very dark, but ur charcter is still displayed in full light - either make her dark too (don't do this!) or lighten the whole scene so we can see more details.
That's it from, I said a lot of stuff, but a lot of it is personal taste, so you can of course disregard it. hope i don't put you off, i want to see this picture updated!
03-12-2004, 06:08 AM
dcp: I have update a small image, check out again! Hope you don't get angry with the slow load! :p
Thanks the quick feedback!
03-12-2004, 08:24 AM
jcbray: thanks the crits and appreciate! I read your crits carefully(understand mostly, not all ), nearly put me off!:)
Just like you said that we all have the personal taste, all will be taken into account, and I will do some attempt to make it more fine!
01-17-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
vBulletin v3.0.5, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.