PDA

View Full Version : WIP (necromancer)

hypronost
01-26-2002, 09:44 PM
Hi,
I'm a new member and this will be my first post here.

This is something I'm currently working on.
Please keep in mind that I'm new to 3d and only been working with Lightwave for a month an a half now.

Tell me what you think of it so far.

http://www.lwg3d.org/files/1012094482.jpg

miette
01-27-2002, 05:05 AM
Hiya!
I'm a new member here as well. I'd say, for working in 3D & Lightwave for only a month or so, this is fantastic! Do you have experience in sculpting or life drawing? The hands are really nice (I know a lot of people have trouble with hands). The feet are pretty nice too - quite natural. I know this is a work-in-progress, but here are a few thoughts:
I like the external rib-armour ...inside that you could use a bit more definition from the hips up through the chest (and possibly the back, I'm guessing) - Then you can get more shape out of the rib-armour as well. His head's got a kind of Shao-Lin / Maori thing going on, which is interesting. His eyes might be a bit high, but it could just be the perspective - typically a person's eyes are 1/2 way down the head. Is it common in martial arts to have the same leg & arm forwards? I know for most activities (walking, chopping, throwing, swinging a bat, etc.) you'd use right arm/left leg and vice-versa. This usually makes for a more natural, balanced yet dynamic pose ...just a thought. I like the idea of the little one-horned skull dude on his shoulder armour. can't wait to see more detail, like straps, buckles, trinkets etc. And if he's a Necromancer, what about a big magical staff, or some creepy creature familiars?
Over all, congratulations - it's impressive!

hypronost
01-27-2002, 07:57 AM
First of all thank you for the compliments.

About his position:I really didn't think of it that way,But this way I like it to.
The armor on his shoulders isn't finished yet , I'm thinking of putting something on it's left side aswell, mayby a bone comming out of it.
In his left hand there will come a staff while in his right hand there will come some kind of a power beam.
He will have pants with on top of it some kind of skirt.
The pants will go down to his knies, from there on his feet wil be wrapt in bandige.

I'm thinking of giwing him a cape, not shure tough.
Tell me what you think.

hypronost
01-27-2002, 11:54 AM
Just made some changes to the hands and armor. Tell me what you think.

http://www.lwg3d.org/files/1012146329.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.