PDA

View Full Version : The Anatomy of a Muscular man (nudity)

Mandrake
07-05-2002, 12:51 AM
Hello to everyone,
This is model I'm working on for some time...

http://members.lycos.co.uk/geminius/total_r2B.jpg

Mandrake
07-05-2002, 12:57 AM
closer..

Mandrake
07-05-2002, 12:59 AM
another..

TylerHunter
07-05-2002, 01:56 AM
Its good, I like it, the feet are good, my only suggestions are to work on the chest muscles they dont look right and work on the are forms they seem to plastic and blobby,.. good fix is to add some viens and stuff. And a final is to work on the mouth, his lips for a staight line which is rather dull lips so should curve and form an interesting mouth..

Tyler

Mandrake
07-05-2002, 02:32 AM
back..

ivanimal
07-05-2002, 12:50 PM
To my friend:thumbsup: :bounce: :buttrock: :airguitar

sarfarazsoomro
07-05-2002, 01:40 PM
one of the best modelling peices i've ever seen:beer: :beer: :beer:

no crits, five stars:airguitar :airguitar

PedramK
07-05-2002, 02:41 PM
Very nice
though his arms seem to be too short.

seppomatik
07-05-2002, 03:55 PM
don´t get me wrong, but: nice!

only crits are the arms, which look a little too short and the chest looks a little too small. also the nipples could be a little farther apart.

other question: everytime someone posts a nude male in here, he´s completely bald. why don´t you try and make him a little hairy?

otherwise::thumbsup:

MrPG
07-05-2002, 05:01 PM
whoa.. very nice.. very very sick detail (thats a good thing :) )

small crits with the chest and arms.. as the seppomatik said, but yea really gotta like analyze to see em.

could we see a wireframe shot?

Mandrake
07-05-2002, 08:11 PM
here goes a wire..

http://members.lycos.co.uk/geminius/wire.jpg

Mandrake
07-05-2002, 08:19 PM
close up...

http://members.lycos.co.uk/geminius/wireClose.jpg

Mikademius
07-05-2002, 08:25 PM
wow, nice ass! You really got all the muscles ine the legs looking really nice. I think his chest is a bit big..

Mikademius
07-05-2002, 08:26 PM
no sorry, his lats

Mandrake
07-05-2002, 10:16 PM
Thanks for comments. I know about the arms and if
I find some time during the weekend I'll rework some
things and post an update. You're helpfull.

genesis max
07-06-2002, 01:35 AM
Veoma dobro, Vanja.Posebno mi se svidja kako si modelovao lice.
Postoje neke sitne greske na muskulaturi.Na primer bradavice su suvise blizu jedna drugoj i jos neke male greske.Ispravi to i imaces savrsen model.Uzgred gde zivis?
Pozdrav, :beer:

Whistler2k
07-06-2002, 10:29 AM
excellent detail! Did you use reference images or did you just model away!

looks great!!!

Pegasus
07-06-2002, 08:55 PM
This is the most realistic model of a male I have ever seen.

CONGRATIOLATIONS :thumbsup:

The back side looks like a real photo. Just perfect.

Hope you show us more images or animations of your work....

Did I say just perfect! :thumbsup:

Peg
07-06-2002, 09:00 PM
dude, you brote a tear to my eyes :thumbsup:

JFrench
07-06-2002, 11:00 PM
chest seems slightly big. the arms could be a little thicker/muscular to match the rest of him.
the topology looks great.

Alderian
07-06-2002, 11:29 PM
As said before thicker arms and thicker fingers, because your fingers looks like thin girl fingers.

behzad
07-07-2002, 01:07 AM
I like the model, it looks good, just a bit of suggestion. You seem to have pinpointed all the muscles in the model, although that is good, they all seem very tense for the body. He needs to be more relaxed, unless he is flexing all the muscles of the body at the same time, which is impossible.

Mandrake
07-07-2002, 05:11 AM
I have pretty much remodeled the whole upper torso, and I
think it looks much better now. It is still symetrycal and needs some finisning work but I think I'm geting closer. I've used reference only for general proportions, the musculature itself is modeled right from the head (never do that at your home tough :) :) ,wish I've looked
into ref pics more) . Genesis Max check your PM tommorow.
So here is an update:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/geminius/total3.jpg

Jimstein
07-07-2002, 02:08 PM
:applause:
Look very nice. But I think it must be painful for him to always flex his muscles a 100% all the time! This make your model look more like a morph target than a natural pose.

Its only because of this high level of realism you are trying to achieve that I have this remarks:

*The space between left right pectoralis major is to narrow and deep, but it is correct if it's intended they are meant to be this oversized, tough. But for a slim, none bodybuilder? Have you any reference pics to show? it is more common that real person have arms that are big,,, but at your model its the opposite… makes me wonder what kind of work/exercises this person do or it can also be that only the arms are undeveloped?

*The placement of the abdomen intersectiones tendineae ain’t like that in real life… I have a very well developed abdomen, and I can tell it don’t look like that on me :thumbsdow:

*And the ribcage border don’t look to be there. It’s hidden underneath flexing mucles. :thumbsdow

Else I think this is a top teen piece of modeling you have achieved! :thumbsup:
I like the wireframe, its very clean. how many polys?

I would like to see a close up wireframe of how you modeled those serratus anterior. I never (yet) get it right myself, but you do!

and pardon my bad latin, hope I was clear enough though

kappa
07-07-2002, 10:15 PM
Lover your work.
I've almost finished my first body model, and know only too well how hard it is to model the human body.

Great job.

I don't like the copper txturing your using for your WIP renders. It detracts from the image.

Keep us posted.

Kappa

Pinky_Powers
07-07-2002, 11:12 PM
I have not read every ones posts on this thread, so forgive me if I repeat someone else.

The "Pectorals" do not look right to me. They seam to be just "placed" on his body. His arms are raised completely horizontally to each side of him, so his pecks should be stretching with them; they look VERY unnatural as they are. And his nipples are too centered, ESPECIALLY since his arms are raised.

And there is something about the shoulder and neck area which looks ever so slightly wrong. You may want to look at your reference photo just a little bit more to tweak that some more.

I can't really critique the head much since there is no eyes or eye brows. :) But his eye lids look like they might be too sharply diamond shaped. But like I said, I can't say for sure because there is no eyes in them, so I don't know what they will look like.

Other than that, I can see you have spent some long hours creating this body, and it has not been in vain, for it has turned out great! Good work!

Pent
07-08-2002, 06:51 AM
nice ass.....

i agree add hair

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.