PDA

View Full Version : My new online gallery

Ramon
03-11-2004, 05:35 AM
Hello all.
I have my portfolio online now and since besides being a fine artist I am also a LW artist and thus, wanted to see what my fellow wavers thought. Here's the link to the main page which is my fine art site. The area of concentration, as you will see, is on wildlife. Please check it out if you have a chance and leave any comments - it could help me in my future work. Each painting has dialog boxes corresponding with the image and a rank option.
Thanks a lot y'all.
http://www.ramonart.com

If you click on the "commercial work" link to see the work I have done in my professional career: (advertising, intertainment industry, etc.)
Here is a painting I made in watercolors:
http://www.ramonart.com/artwork/wolf_study.jpg

Finkster
03-11-2004, 06:00 AM
Hi Ramon. Really great portfolio you have there! The paintings especially show great skill and observation. You must have great patience to make such detailed brushwork! May I ask how you reference for your paintings? Also, what kind of art do you make with LW? I'd be interested to see how your style translates into 3D.

Great stuff.

Mechis
03-11-2004, 06:09 AM
@finkster- there's some 3d in the commercial gallery

@Ramon- I really like your artwork! I especially liked some of your concepts (the dragon piece especially)

Ramon
03-12-2004, 06:09 AM
Thank you both very much for the warm compliments. It gives my enthusiasm to go on and create more.

Finkster: Thanks again. My paint from my reference photos. I have many photos that I have taken throughout the year of different animals. Tigers, cougars, black leopards, snow leopards, many different kinds of birds etc,.. etc. It is excessively difficult to create a full blown painting of animals from live given the detail and precision which I attempt to achieve. However, when opportunity knocks, I go for it, The tree in the painting of the black leopard is an example of incorporating painting from a live scene. The tree is a Banyan tree indigious to India but also thrives in South Florida. So it's the perfect combination because it's the black leopard's natural habitat. Although it was a bit strange painting in the heart of Coral Gables, Florida. People were quite interested. It's fun to paint from live when you get the chance. I do this for sketches / color sketches a lot, though not much at all for full blown paintings. BTW, the 3D renders in LW are within the commercial site under illustration.
Here is a sketch from live. It's a baby mockingbird. I painted it fairly quickly in watercolor. This was a very cool experience:
http://www.ramonart.com/artwork/Mockingbird_study.jpg

Mechis: Thanks, that means a lot. I like drawing/designing Dragons every once in awhile. Drawing fantasy and or coming up with new ideas has much more freedom in it than things that already exsist (IMO).

Zarathustra
03-12-2004, 05:30 PM
Your site says WC. Which is it, oils or WC?

Ramon
03-12-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Zarathustra
Your site says WC. Which is it, oils or WC?

Zarathustra , sorry about that. I could have sworn that I put watercolor on the first post of that wolf. It's watercolor.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.