PDA

View Full Version : A couple of things I need to say.

DiNKArt
03-11-2004, 01:24 AM
I have been wondering for the past couple days if I should post this or not. But I feel I really need to get my opion across to some of the people that run this site.
First off I want to say that this site has been a great teaching tool for me. I have no prorper education in 3d animation. Almost everything I know is due to this site.
What I am about to say is not an attack on the efforts of the moderators. These are just numerous things that I have seen greatly increase over the year and half I have been visiting this site. When I first started to come here I the threads where usally filled with with intellegent cg related topics. It seems that recently more and moretopics are started that are off topic. The conversations in these threads have also turned sophmoric. I just ask you to read through some of these threads and ask yourself if this site has its professional feel to it anymore. I don't know if it is because I have gained more knowledge in cg and are no longer as amazed at teveryones work here but this site does not feel professional to me. I remember when I first started visiting the rules where stricly enforced among the proper way to post in the finished gallery. Now it seems like no one opeys the rules anymore and no cares it they do or not. There are many things like this that I feel are bringing this site down. Off topic threads in general discussion are in threat of out numbering legit cg related threads. It also seems that number of fanboys have also increased. I think this is due to a lot of new people that come to this site and don't see the professinol atmosphere that use to be here. I have seen several people that have regestered here after Jan. 1 2004 with close to 300 replys. When you look over what they said in previous post there mostly fan boy commments. I think this hurts people to that are looking to get critqued on there work but there thread gets pushed down quickly becouse these fanboys only comment on pieces that are great. By time the true professional gets home from his job. The persons post could be on the third page. I have had a number of post that had little legit comments.
I think I will stop here even though there are plenty more things that I feel have changed.
I am not trying to attack any mods on here. I love this site. I no longer find that it has very professional atmopshere. It is professional run though.
If you guys are thinking of making any changes to make this site better I am all for it and I am sure there are plenty othere who are.
Sorry for the long post. Thak you to the mods for doing the best they can. You guys hold this site toghter.

Dave Black
03-11-2004, 05:22 AM
First off, where in the heck is Riva Maryland? I live in MD and I've never heard of it...

Anyway...

You're comments are noted.

CGTalk has and is experiencing huge growth quickly. Some "growing pains" are inevitable. You are not the first to have said this.

As a mod(and a member in long standing), I too have seen a great deal of change here. My own feelings are mirrored in yours in many ways. I'm fearful of what will happen to this place if the current line of posting goes unchecked. However, there is a balance to all this, and I feel that given time, this community will find it's center.

There are things in the works to help bring the community together, so keep an eye out.

We do appreciate you mentioning your concerns, and we will certainly keep them in mind.

-Z

ambas
04-20-2004, 02:10 AM
i feel you :D
it happens sometimes

i live in maryland too. in columbia, but ive also never heard of riva.

CGmonkey
04-20-2004, 03:13 PM
CGTalk tried to tie the knots together some months ago when they introduced "Only critiques" forum but it seems like we need to set harder overall rules.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.