PDA

View Full Version : Weight Champion - what do you think?

bublik
07-05-2002, 12:44 AM
I finished 4 months of training in Maya, and i dont have a job yet.
Here's the animation i did in college:

http://members.rogers.com/bulakh/Vlad_halfsize.avi

just tell me what you think, suggestions, etc.
thanx.

My homepage is http://members.rogers.com/bulakh/

bublik
07-06-2002, 06:21 AM
sorry, forgot to mention that the clip is divx format.

heres a shot from the animation:
(lets see if 'attach file works...)

ACFred
07-08-2002, 08:10 AM
I like it. Not too shabby. I like the weight you show in the weights and bar. His walk could show a bit more weight and his feet are flat the entire time. That might be a stylistic approach, but if you could get his toes flexing when he's trying to lift the really big weight or just before he lifts the 45 lb. weight, it'd help to sell his effort.
Make sure you pay more attention to the fingers. They're quite stiff. When they're not doing any sort of serious action, still have them moving slightly or at least offset in their position relative to one another.

While this is just personal preference, your ending might be funnier and more surprising if, after the forklift lifts the weights, he raises the forks a bit and then the forklift falls forward onto its forks. It'd give your viewer a bit of a surprise at the end.

Keep up the good work. It looks like a nice start.

bublik
07-10-2002, 04:12 AM
Yes, thank you for the ideas.
I knew about the problem with the feet and the hands. If i had more time (i had to finish it in college), i would have fixed the feet, but the fingers were more of a problem, because i did not put the proper controls in them.

About the forklift breaking... thats a great idea, but i dont think i will change anything now. When i have time, i will work on something new.... i dont know when that will be.... I'm working as a machinist now, not what i enjoy, but right now i'm stuck.

bublik
07-17-2002, 04:20 AM
dead?

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.