PDA

View Full Version : "Selective censorship"

CG.p
03-10-2004, 09:40 PM
First of all this isn't a finger pointing thread but just a request.

Many threads on here turn into flam wars. Some become personal some are just mob riots. Other threads go on for pages of flame wars with a warning showing up, a low blow then closed thread.

What I am wondering is why do the offensive threads just get closed after one side takes a cheap shot at the other. If the mods have enough time to read the thread they ahve enough time to clip out the offensive posts. Cut the thread down to on-topic stuff instead of just leaving the still (now frozen in time) insults and negative posts. I am seeing many of the threads just closed without editing the last cheap shots. If these cheap shots are "allowed" as the final word why closed it at all?

If you allow a minor skirmish to happen fine, but don't take sides by allowing someone to get that last shot in.

Thanks.

leigh
03-10-2004, 09:46 PM
Most of us don't have time to read all the pages of a thread. If a thread is turning ugly and upsetting people and I get a message about it, I read a few posts of it and close it if necessary.

There is no "taking sides".

CG.p
03-10-2004, 09:55 PM
I really didn't mean to say you were. But when two sides are going back and forth and then one DOES take a cheap shot and someone doesn't bother deleting THAT last post it seems like you/they are. Really it should take that long to look at the last few posts after a warning since you are looking at that thread by that time anyway.

I was just reading some threads that look like last minute attacks were allowed. It was depressing to see. And there are plenty of closed threads still on the server that all have that kick in the back at the end.

..and I'm not focusing on you. :) Just anyone with the ability to close a thread.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.