PDA

View Full Version : wip environment, another plea for tips

kernelb0i
03-09-2004, 07:02 PM
alright so this is mostly a material test, that turned into a lighting test too, any opinions would be appreciated. the seating is made up of lightwave props and the rest were really easy to model. I tried at first to do this scene without radiosity but it was too dark so I added some simple interpolated radiosity with a minimum of 3 ft I think, and with 2 bounces, and a tolerance of like, 0.3.
I'm very unhappy with the seating furniture, I need to keep working on the materials, and there's just something I don't like about the image overall, not sure what though. hdr support was used only for luminosity and light intensity values, no hdri maps were used. thanks in advance for any comments.

http://www.holopointdesign.net/mark/roomtest.jpg

Limbus
03-09-2004, 08:19 PM
Hi,
its coming along fine. Here are some random things I noticed:
- i guess you are using different colors in with light inscident for the seating on the right. I think both color are too different. It could also use some specularity.
- the bump on the floor looks too low res and too strong.
- the carpet should have more volume
- put some other color than red in the room
- the shadow on the floor should be more fuzzy in the back than in the front.

Florian

Para
03-09-2004, 08:44 PM
The floor bump doesn't look right. I think it's either too strong or just inappropriate for it's purpose. Also the image is too red, wash it out a bit.

kernelb0i
03-09-2004, 10:17 PM
hey guys thanks for the comments, first on the floor subject, I'm not sure about it, I think the scale may have alot to do with it. I need the bump to make the reflections look blurry and anisotropic, though I may be able to tone it down a bit, and add a more subtle large bump layer for texture. I'm going to mess around with that.

as for the colors, I think I'm going to make the ceiling a dark grey, I want the scene to be pretty monochromatic, but I could definately see how it just almost looks like a big red blob.

limbus - on the chair tex, I am using incidence, and I see what you're saying about the colors being too different, I'll mess around with that some more and try some spec. on the carpet, I kind of wanted it to be a thinner finer fabric sort of mat carpet, as opposed to a thick pile. and yeah I know the shadow should be less sharp the farther away from the window it is, I actually already fixed that.
thanks again for the comments. I'll see if I can't fix some of this stuff.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.