PDA

View Full Version : Need some explantion with this tutorial

titaniumdave
03-09-2004, 02:25 PM
I found this tutorial at http://www.dmc3d.com/tutorials09.html about setting up a leg. I did it and it worked great but I have a few questions. In it you create 3 circles for constraints. You point constraint the parent circle to the hip and foot control box. Now from my understanding this just makes it so the circle stays between the hip and foot control at all times. Is that right? After that you aim constraint the parent circle to the hip. This is what my main question is. What does that do? I don't understand that part.

Dave

Matt Leishman
03-09-2004, 03:44 PM
"The aim constraint will insure that the circle hierarchy will always point at the hip ".

Sometimes the best way for me to learn from a tutorial is to try out the method that the tutorial details, and then try out a different method (in your case trying setting this up without the aim constraint on the main circle). Then I compare the results between the two, and I find out which way works better, or I find out why a particular section of the tutorial says to do something a particular way.

Just a thought.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.