PDA

View Full Version : has this ever happened to anyone?

50cent
03-09-2004, 06:51 AM
Hi, im using maya, I've rigged some characters a couple of times, and this is the first time this problem happened. I set up the legs bone, then I aply a Single Chain Ik from the hip to the ankle and suddenly the chain gets orientated to some other direction for no reason. I've checked the bones local rotation axes and can't find anything wrong. Please any insight would be appreciated.

http://userpages.umbc.edu/~heltah1/problem.JPG

kiaran
03-11-2004, 09:49 AM
Yep, this exact same thing happened to me when I switched over to from Maya 4.5 to 5.0. I freaked out for about 10 minutes before I discovered that this is a common bug that is fixed with the 5.01 patch that can be downloaded from Alias. Whew!:thumbsup:

Morganism
03-11-2004, 10:08 AM
Well, don't you want to use RP solver instead of SC? Give that a try maybe, see if it does what you want.

50cent
03-11-2004, 06:58 PM
thank you folks. the update to maya fixed the problem. I really appreciate you guys for responding and offering help. Thank you so much.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.