PDA

View Full Version : Layla, Frank Zen (3D)

Frank Zen
03-08-2004, 11:56 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/73356/layla_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/73356/layla.jpg)

hi all,
here are the first shots from Layla Winter, the female main actor from "Wings of Time" a german, photorealistic 3d series. its made in max+vray+deeppaint. more to come next weeks :-) constructive critiques are very welcome, have fun watchin it.

scrimski
03-09-2004, 11:07 AM
Uhm, pic woul be great (maybe it's my Browser Opera?)

McRage
03-09-2004, 12:16 PM
She is cute!

Can I have the number to the muse, please ;)

Tycane
03-09-2004, 01:14 PM
ok,thats scary.

Gnomeman
03-09-2004, 01:27 PM
Very Nice. an excellent image. Any sample animations?

Dmanbxp
03-09-2004, 01:46 PM
When and where is it going to be on tv ? I mean, wich channel ? This looks great !

BldRnr
03-09-2004, 02:16 PM
I love your model. I went to your web site. The series looks like a lot of fun. I couldn't find out from the site what software you used for the modeling etc. Is the girls face a texture you created or a photo? What kind of light set up did you use?

Z1K0B4
03-09-2004, 02:23 PM
This is fantastic. She looks great (and unique) for a TV series, the type of character we can invest our time following their story. I'd love to see a wire, and a 3/4 head shot!:applause:

PHE Ash
03-09-2004, 02:32 PM
I know Im not the one who should critique others on the regard of my own work, but its more a suggestion. The model looks great and I'd marry her *g* but there is something in the eyes that bothers me. they are shiny and look wet thats great but the refflection of the objects surrounding her isnt there.

Id like to see more (hair, clothes,...)

pezz
03-09-2004, 02:46 PM
the eyes remind me a lot of Sandra Bullock.. Did you use her as reference?

CharleyBoy
03-09-2004, 03:03 PM
Wow!!! the skin texture is amazing. I like it a lot. the specular in the eye bugs me a little bit, but maybe it's just because of the camera angle, because I went on your website and the eyes are perfect in all the others shots.

AMAZING!!! :bowdown:

memento
03-09-2004, 03:22 PM
nice nice nice!
I like the skin alot, might need a little bit more subsurface scattering. and the blitts flare in the eye were a little anoying but even though, outrageous!!

!:beer:

s0real
03-09-2004, 03:27 PM
blimey! that's awesome.

i liked the close-ups on the website, especially the close-up of the mouth - stunning.

the skin has a real 'soft' quality that you want to reach out and touch... :thumbsup:

Manuel G.
03-09-2004, 03:46 PM
Ja, dass sieht ja doch schon sehr gut aus, guter Shader oder ist das eine Textur?
Die Augen sehen noch nicht so realistisch aus und links am Kopf die einzelnen haare stören.

mfg,
Manuel

Conanart
03-09-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by s0real
blimey! that's awesome.

i liked the close-ups on the website, especially the close-up of the mouth - stunning.

the skin has a real 'soft' quality that you want to reach out and touch... :thumbsup:

Ditto!

G

EdHarriss
03-09-2004, 04:10 PM
Very nice work. Excellent job on the skin. The lips look a little off, but the rest is so nice that I hardly notice it.

mikepolizos
03-09-2004, 04:12 PM
Awesome work!
Outstanding textures!

Very well done !
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

luhna
03-09-2004, 04:15 PM
Great work:beer:

:surprised luhna

Banshee
03-09-2004, 04:16 PM
Hi Frank!

Na DAS ist gut, sie hier auf der Frontpage zu sehen!
Herzlichen Glückwunsch, fantastische Arbeit!

Selbstverständlich 5 Sternchen von mir....
:thumbsup:

Gruß
Dennis

JDMedia
03-09-2004, 04:16 PM
Wow looking great, would like to watch that series in the Netherlands too... what channel will it be on???

ostov
03-09-2004, 04:20 PM
Great stuff! I love the skin, really good stuff but,
The reflection in the eyes does not look good...
The hair could be more photorealistic, but I know that it is hard to create very nice hair in a close up. You might want to try to make the hair staw thinner...
I think you overused the Dof, thats a no-no;)
Cant wait to see more stuff :)

Manuel G.
03-09-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Banshee
Hi Frank!

Na DAS ist gut, sie hier auf der Frontpage zu sehen!
Herzlichen Glückwunsch, fantastische Arbeit!

Selbstverständlich 5 Sternchen von mir....

Gruß
Dennis

Stimmt hab ich vergessen zu machen, mach ich aber jetzt :)

KINGOFPAIN
03-09-2004, 04:23 PM
your skin work is nice... good work mang.:thumbsup:

Ziah
03-09-2004, 04:28 PM
:hmm:

whelp back to the drwaing board for me

uhhhhhhhh another day another ealization

goood job:bowdown:

BluesManJF
03-09-2004, 04:32 PM
AMAZING JOB!!!
REALLY GOOD!!!!
these wires would make me so happy!!!:thumbsup:

loop29
03-09-2004, 04:33 PM
Whow !! Was für eine fantastische Arbeit !!
Herrzlichen Glückwunsch, das ist die beste Umsetzung eines Characters die ich jemals gesehen habe. Fantastischer skin shader und hervorragende Modellierung, 5 Sterne auch von mir !!
Wann ist die erste geplante Ausstrahlung vorgesehen?

grüße

odina
03-09-2004, 04:38 PM
joo, sehr geil :)
i.

KennyLiu
03-09-2004, 04:45 PM
Cool model, and beautiful texture!

Araval
03-09-2004, 04:54 PM
What a texture!! incredible!
:applause:
Like a real photo...

:bowdown:

Gadric
03-09-2004, 04:56 PM
:bowdown: WOW, very very nice!:bowdown:

Das sieht wirklich sehr gut aus, die Reflektion auf dem Auge ist auch das Einzige, was mir nicht ganz so gefällt. Ansonsten ist es echt fast Sandra Bullock :cool:

Fire_Master...
03-09-2004, 05:01 PM
:bowdown:

that is simply inspiering im just like woah!!!
you rock

b-lame
03-09-2004, 05:01 PM
excellent work!
downloading your companies showreel right now.
i'm truly impressed.

Crumply
03-09-2004, 05:08 PM
Excellent work. The skin is fantastic.

Two issues I have: the inner eye-whites near the bridge of the nose are too bright. And, the ears seem flat, but maybe that's the DOF that's blurring out their details.

Otherwise, she's very impressive.

tinitus
03-09-2004, 05:15 PM
Sehr beeindruckend...ich hab selten solche eine realistische Darbietung eines menschlichen Charachters von einem Deutschen gesehen.
Mich stört bisher noch das grobe Haar und ein paar kleine Glanzeffekte im Auge ,die man vielleicht mit ein wenig mehr transparency und einer dazugehörigen transparency map verbessern könnte!?Ansonsten meine Hochachtung!

Aber eine deutsche Fernsehproduktion?Wann wird die zu sehen sein?und auf welchem Kanal?

Dann hätte ich noch eine Frage.
Ich bin 18 Jahre alt und vorausichtlich dieses Jahr mit meinem Abitur fertig und wollte wissen ob Sie vielleicht eine Möglichkeit wüßten ein Praktikum in dieser Branche zu bekommen?
Danke!

Mit freundlichem Gruß!

Dreamy Kid
03-09-2004, 05:38 PM
I really really can't wait to see the animation !

daedalu$
03-09-2004, 05:46 PM
I would also like to know how you can get into the CG-Industry in Germany. As far as I know there aren't many possibilities here. If you'd be so nice to share how you got your job and what your advice for guys finishing the Gymnasium would be, I'd greatly apreciate that.

And great work of course, looking forward to watch this show. :)

JacoHerbst
03-09-2004, 05:46 PM
Looks great, excellent texture and shading
Would love to see a wire

Learn_w_Grafix
03-09-2004, 06:26 PM
I think what I notice in the eyes is that the iris (brown) - sclera (white) border is too sharp. There is a change in the curvature of the front of the eye at that point, making the border not only slightly un-sharp, but also introduces a very slight change in surface shape.
Overall, very very nice!

barclan
03-09-2004, 06:37 PM
Hi,

If you made the texture, I think your work is very good.

If it is just a photo mapped on it, I think it´s not a very difficult thing to do.

What did you do?

sapienz
03-09-2004, 07:00 PM
Tone down the specular of the eye and it should be just nice

danniesanchez
03-09-2004, 07:21 PM
stunning! here in the US we get the lame shows like american idol, wish they had shows like that here.

Mars3d
03-09-2004, 07:28 PM
Very nice!

Valkyrien
03-09-2004, 07:33 PM
well HelLO!;)

J.K.Makowka
03-09-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by danniesanchez
stunning! here in the US we get the lame shows like american idol, wish they had shows like that here.

Ha, sadly we got the same show here too.

Actually this is the first TV-show since years that actually might make me watch TV again (instead of using my TV for consoles only).

Any info on what channel it will be on?

Ausgezeichnete Arbeit! Ich bin aber mal echt gespannt auf die Animationen ;)

darcru
03-09-2004, 07:46 PM
Incredible render, I love the frekles. You've created a very warm and alive image here!

gent_k
03-09-2004, 08:33 PM
great work.
but the hair doesn't look right. Youcould add more segments.

Akiraghost
03-09-2004, 08:46 PM
Helle there,

Amazing work, texturing. The only nagging me its the eyes, comparing to the rest there seem to be something missing. but could be just me.

grats.

aMb!
03-09-2004, 09:23 PM
wow, I thought it was a photo at first glance. Beautiful texturing. :applause:

peekoot
03-09-2004, 09:24 PM
'cuz i can't see them... :)?

pogonip
03-09-2004, 09:39 PM
Best face ive ever seen done in 3d max.....rivals amazon soul faces :eek:

Bustasnipez
03-09-2004, 09:40 PM
not bad, but if your going for photorealism I think it needs more bump map for pores.. like the nose is too smooth...
she has rubber face syndrom. still awsome work tho don't get me wrong.
actually the more u look at it the better it looks.. i think u just need more bump in some specular areas.. like the nose

Spozzfreund
03-09-2004, 09:49 PM
Klasse gemacht! :bowdown: Great work!

OperaFan1981
03-09-2004, 10:04 PM
Agrees with all the wonderful past comments; however, I would prefer the portrait to be shot with the full face and not leaving the upper and lower parts of the head out. :-)

onlooker
03-09-2004, 10:18 PM
The eyes are the only thing that at a glimpse I think look CG. Very good job on the skin. What pixel resolution, dimensions, dpi are you using for your skin textures? I'd like to some wires as well. Not just because it's forum requirement. I want to check out the topology. Looks really good from what I can see of the head. :thumbsup:

Kieguy
03-09-2004, 10:50 PM
Incredible skin texturing, modeling and overall feeling...

As mentioned by others a few times, its also the eyes that don't work for me. As mentioned, the border between the iris and white of the eye is too sharp. Maybe just me, the iris outer radius seems a little too big too. The iris coloration overall seems too flat or something, doesn't seem to have enough variation or react to light enough, needs more bump...or something, not sure.

At least in drawing eyes, I've learned that the area of the iris opposite the spec hilite should be brighter as it catches more light, being angled inward just a bit (and the half of the iris under/on the same side as the hilite is darker).

EDIT:
re: that last comment...Looking back at it again closer, I can see this in effect more now. So I guess uh...nevermind that one. :D

Serial Killer
03-09-2004, 10:55 PM
That's great modeling and texturing, but some others have said, the eyes are a little bit weird, the texture isn't photoreal, maibe you can photograph some and use them as a reference or as texture, other than that is incredible.

Guybrush
03-09-2004, 10:59 PM
the image is looking very good, but the specular on the eyes isnt looking very good

oxyg3n
03-09-2004, 11:01 PM
Nice work. The only thing that I might change is the dof on the ears. It seems a bit much.

beny3d
03-09-2004, 11:10 PM
this is all POSER STUFF:

texture: by www.zs3d.com
model: POSER

what do you doing?

we wait for the wireframe !!! *g*

DoLeeP
03-09-2004, 11:52 PM
nice work I like it alot:thumbsup:

Kel Solaar
03-10-2004, 12:26 AM
Great work with the texture, it's very well done!

chongzi
03-10-2004, 12:40 AM
This girl is very nice,how did you make it.great!:thumbsup:

MikeNash
03-10-2004, 12:46 AM
Looking Good

Im not sure on texture work tho,looks like cut and paste,if it aint its realy well done for just tv show

Modron
03-10-2004, 02:41 AM
wow, aside from the hair strands and a few other minor details, that looks like a photograph. :thumbsup: most impressive.

SpaceTik
03-10-2004, 02:46 AM
Fantastic model dude, 1 of the most realistic i've seen. The bridge between her nostrils should be a bit wider though I think.. the lips look a bit too smooth for a photo-realistic model and the transition between the iris and the whites of the eye is too hard, it should be a soft blend.

great work dude!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

phoenix
03-10-2004, 04:45 AM
nice work.....

and i think there is a slight problem with the ear...otherwise its very nice

sizzlebits
03-10-2004, 05:28 AM
The facial texture looks awesomely photoreal. The blend into the eyes is very sharp and quick. The specular/reflection on the eyes doesn't look right for some reason. Her bangs are crashing through her forehead and the lighting seems very washed out. I think with attention to those things and may some post color/contrast correction it would be a lot better. Very nice work still... but, yeah. :)

safakoner
03-10-2004, 06:45 AM
super work :applause:

cheybea
03-10-2004, 07:21 AM
wonderful work ya got there
no need for me to critique on the eyes and ears...everyone else did it for me
other than those 2 things
i like it alot

good job

-chels

Frank Zen
03-10-2004, 07:23 AM
wow, thanx a lot... hm, we should change they eyes, or ? ;-)
next version of layla comes in few days, with new (shaq) hairs and body. sandra bullock was NOT the reference.
we produce now the first episode, when everything goes right it could run in mid 2005, first in german, later then international.
again, thanx for help and comments :-)

DerPapa
03-10-2004, 08:20 AM
Hi Frank!
Finally you made it in here! (Tip by Daniel? :-) )
You are Member of ww.3d.sk, hu? :thumbsup:
I would bet, the texture is from Anetta Keys, is it?

Anyway, this girl rox (as all your models)
Wish you success with your Project!

Michael

romeu
03-10-2004, 09:14 AM
i realy like her look, she look´s like a nice girl... i hope we see some animations too...

EdySusanto
03-10-2004, 01:22 PM
well, really nice texture bro;

well as mentioned before, the specularity of the eyes doesn't seem rite to me.
n the second one, if u really want that image to be highly realistic, i think u should put more attention to her hair :)
though i cannot make somethin like that, but may be u can heheheh
what do u use? paint effect or somethin? but if i'm not mistaken, u use a plane for her hair..
here, u see her hair above her right eyebrow?? (or top left of the picture)

u may need to put a little bump map on it if u use plane.
n the other is, did u notice that the hair intersect inside the eyebrow.
cos the hair lines is suddenly cut off above her eyebrow.
It looks so to me :) or may be its not, not sure.

overall, this image is really great bro :) u have any tutorials? heheheheh i'm still a newbie in 3d ^^

hope this comments may useful for u :)

megaN00b
03-10-2004, 01:48 PM
could you post a wireframe please?

chubob
03-10-2004, 02:09 PM
no words,it's amazing... it would be really cool to see the wires:buttrock:

status quo
03-10-2004, 03:36 PM
apart from the eyes your better than stahlberg.

its the white dots i mean. u need to add reflection to the eyes.

Ruadhraigh
03-10-2004, 03:52 PM
I'm in love! :p

Can you get arrested for stalking a virtual character? ;)

beny3d
03-10-2004, 03:56 PM
this is all poser work we will never see a wireframe !

dukeofhasard
03-10-2004, 04:57 PM
nice picture ! :beer:

Quizboy
03-10-2004, 05:45 PM
i'd like to see a uv map and texture shot if possible. i think she looks fantastic, especially the skin texture...

georgh
03-10-2004, 06:15 PM
wow..........beaty..........perfect.......
only thing that bugs me is the eye are..........especially the closest to the nose(dont know whatu call it)
A wireframe would be fun

freshNfunky
03-10-2004, 06:59 PM
well.....

actually the best shaded human 3D character i've ever seen....

really like the skin specs.... espacially the differend kinds of
skin structure, especually underneath the eyes are GREAT!

also when i think, that on the forehead it still can bee seen that's 3d

but especialy in the mouth area the shading is PERFECT

what i think what can in such a hires resolution being improved is:
the skin hairs especially around the Mouth. In Reality you will recognize small tiny hairs - and even on the ears on the skin...

improving the picture by this tiny little feature would push it a mile forward....

also on the eyes i would make a little improvement, because the reflection looks a little bit dull.... what in this case would really help is a HDRI-lightening of a Real enviroment which makes the reflections on the eyes more natural :)

also a little debth/translucency shading or in order a diffuse lightening below the eyelids coult make it more natural

Last at all a great work pushing closer to reality :scream:

cgman27
03-10-2004, 08:58 PM
THere is a partial wire of here here

http://www.soulpix.de/content/gallery/character/03lfintowire.jpg

Not sure if it is poser or not personally, but I do find it strange it is tessalated to such a high degree.

freshNfunky
03-10-2004, 09:05 PM
it's rather the question if there's a need to such high tesallation,
in most cases a good normal smoothing should last. much more important is a good bump mapping who is not tending to filter fine bump structure....

kiko3d
03-10-2004, 09:15 PM
Hi I would like to know how to use deeppaint properly, cause I bought it recently, but frankly I don´t find the manuals very useful.
I´ve seen you are using it and due to the quality of your texture.....
I really wanna switch to deepp3d instead of the all known photoshop, if you can help me with that I will apreciate it very much.

Thanks.

elnady
03-10-2004, 11:26 PM
Great work man:applause:

stenosis|kill
03-10-2004, 11:53 PM
wahrhaft ein glanzstück, weiter so ^^ :beer:

santiago
03-11-2004, 04:35 AM
It's a good shot at realism, but it still looks like cg, reminds me a lot of final fantasy.
I think one reason might be the facial expression, and the angle at which the face is directed towards the camera, too perfect.
the skin on the ears could be improved, the hair is not as real as the facial skin.
I've seen a couple cg girls at this level of realism, perhaps a bit closer, although at this high level of realism it's hard to tell which is closer, a brazilian guy made a cg girl called Kara I think, with animation included, and boy was it good, he did that maybe 4 years ago? don't remember
I also saw a vry realistic girl at a siggraph electronica theatre screening, but she didn't have hair I think.

I'd love to see a facial animation on this one, those eyebrow polys (from the mesh pic, there's a link in this thread to it) don't seem to work at all angles, it's hard to tell what the overall output will turn out to be.

foxco
03-11-2004, 06:25 AM
im loving the freckles lol, very nice texture and i realy like the eyes, i cant wait until this come out, i wanna see the rest of the CGI cast =)

/fox

bumgarden
03-11-2004, 10:25 AM
I like it

agflash
03-11-2004, 11:08 AM
very nice done, good texture work

j3st3r
03-11-2004, 11:14 AM
:cry:

Guys you don`t know what you speak...This is very far from Stahlberg...lightyears. The whole image is ruined with the eyes, the form of the eyelids, etc. I think it`s not a bad image, but it is nowhere to Striker`s characters, Stahlberg`s, Ripper`s or not to mention Fransisco Cortina and Steven Giesler`s characters. I really don`t understand how it got plugged, while there where Stuzzi`s images, which where a lot better...

I`m sorry, but I`m not convinced, especially when the suspect araised of being a Poser model and texture...

Not bad, but that`s all.

beny3d
03-11-2004, 12:03 PM
yeah same here!

why dont he write what he makes?

texture not from him
model not from him

only push render button :(

nice work *g*

Banshee
03-11-2004, 12:52 PM
OK Guys, listen:

As fas as I know, Frank is not around at the moment. He should return from a business-trip soon - so please wait for his reply before you accuse him of using poser-models, alright?

Look at his homepage and have a look at his show-reel and you´ll see some true professionality there...ok?

Thanks.

Ben Sones
03-11-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by j3st3r

Guys you don`t know what you speak...

Well, neither do you, apparently... ;)

I`m sorry, but I`m not convinced, especially when the suspect araised of being a Poser model and texture...

You know, it's pretty rude to make this sort of accusation based on... what? One guy on page 6 of the thread who posted some off-the-cuff comment about how we'd never see wireframes because it was probably Poser work? There actually IS a wireframe on Frank's website, if you'd bothered to look, and it's clearly not a Poser model. I'm sure Frank doesn't mind constructive criticism, but your comments aren't. Try to show a little common courtesy to your fellow artist.

Frank: Nice model and fantastic texture, but I think the hair needs a little work, as a few other folks have pointed out. particularly where it clips into the head a bit, on the left side.

MrWyatt
03-11-2004, 02:51 PM
First the constructive crit:
to Frank Zen.

It looks good but not convincing. the reason i say this is because of the tradition of 3d modeling to tend to save time by modeling one half and then mirroring. This results in a perfectly symetrical face, it might look nice but it looks fake because no real face is symetrical, none on the whole planet, trust me on this. the texturing is good and helps a bit to camouflage the symetry but a nonsymetrical texturemap does not help enough. I would mess around with the mirrored side and do things like shift the hight from one ear or make the nose a little unstraight. the eyes of a real person never are open to an even degree. One is allways smaller or bigger than the other, yes this also applies to supermodels. the key to realistic humans is that humans are not perfect, barbies are.

So the potential to a really cool and convincing character is allready there. You just have to mess it up IMHO. Cool work anyway, allthough it´s not quite my style i have to admit.

Second the noobie bashing:

Now to those noobs who don´t have any helpful post on their belt and give offensive and unconstructive comments for the first three posts of their life right after registering on cgtalk. you should be banned instantly and constantly. guys like you ( yes i´m talking to you beny3d), are not needed and not wanted on this forums. we have enough of your kind of trolls lurking around here and going on everyones nerves. If you don´t have anything helpful to say, then don´t post here that´s all.

beny3d
03-11-2004, 03:12 PM
Ben Sones: you have a good eyes:
" and it's clearly not a Poser model"

i found this in another form:

theforumisdown.com/uploadfiles/1203/3dmax_vs_poser.jpg

soulpix:
http://www.soulpix.de/content/gallery/character/erin.jpg

shop:
http://market.renderosity.com/mp/SoftgoodImage25433a.jpg
http://market.renderosity.com/mp/SoftgoodImage4572a.jpg
http://www.zs3d.com/prodotti/Gallery/img/yumawind.jpg

all characters from the soulpix website have same eyars ;)

j3st3r
03-11-2004, 03:28 PM
Ben Sones: I`m sorry, my english is not as good as like it to be. But, I don`t understand the hype around this good, but not exceptional artwork, while many others, more detailed, more realistic didn`t have this attention. Again I`m sorry, if my words were too harsh.

Second, about the suspect. I`ve seen too many cases, when the artist used Poser stock model is his own, that`s why I`m curiuous. If the wire proves that it is not Poser model, than I will :thumbsup: , and :applause: for the artist. But I don`t really think that it`s close to Stahlberg, The Ripper, Rene Morel, etc.

My constructive crits are: I see not enough color variations on the skin, the lips and the skin just above the bridge of the nose are perfect. The geometry of eyelids looks off. I think that the face is too smooth, without any real detail (I mean soft folds of the skin, etc). Overall a good work, but it requires a lot of thing to fix.

And once more again, I didn`t want be sooooo harsh, sorry again!

Scheppi
03-11-2004, 03:28 PM
great...now she looks naturally :thumbsup:

j3st3r
03-11-2004, 03:30 PM
One more think, I`ve checked Poser`s site, and I don`t think that it`s a Poser model, so as I promised:

:thumbsup: and :applause: , but please revise the eyes, and the skin color!

unwrap
03-11-2004, 03:42 PM
Her face is great. Hair looks a bit unreal, and her eyes are not there... :)

Cool work although! :thumbsup:

Dreski83
03-11-2004, 05:31 PM
one hell of a skin texture you got going there no doubt, but something about that right nostril (her left) is really throwing the whole piece off for me. the hair and right ear are also taking away from the overall detail yet the eyes really pull ya in at first sight so i'd say your all good.
maybe on the left eye (her right, as if i should keep explaining this) looks a lil odd compared to the other... the inside of the eye where all that pink stuff looks like its holding the eye in place seems present in the right eye, but the left seems too rounded, and i can't help but notice some lil white line in that area... maybe that was totally intentional, either way, wonderful female face:bowdown:

onlooker
03-11-2004, 05:35 PM
I already know it's not a poser model, but I could care less if it were. It's the texturing that i think is really impressive.
Needless to say but, I want to see this series in the US.:)

PsychoSilence
03-11-2004, 09:21 PM
well she looks so familiar to me :rolleyes: :D
maybe because i saw it before alllready.

good work soupix crew ! can´t wait to join the team in summer !

Agilers
03-11-2004, 09:37 PM
great really realistic ...i love it :eek: :beer: :bounce: :bounce:

Belvedere
03-12-2004, 12:44 AM
Nice face model. Great skin texture. She looks she was modelled after the Vulcan girl from 'Enterprise'. I can't remember her name.

My only crit would be that she is a little cross eyed; like she is looking at something 20cm infront of her face. I think the thing with the reflection in the eyes is that the reflection looks like it is from a spotlight (cold, white light) and the bg looks like someones livingroom or bedroom with warm, soft lighting. She just doesn't fit with the bg. I'll bet you just comped her over that bg for presenting here. Understandable. :)

I went to your site and everything looks pretty slick. Some of your animation looks stiff. I realize this is a result of using mo-cap and tight time deadlines. :shrug:

I hope your new project allows you to really go the extra mile. Judging by the work you put into the face it looks like you're on the right track! :thumbsup:

Best wishes,
Belvedere.
Vancouver, BC

Drakaran
03-12-2004, 05:33 AM
the texturing is excellent and quite detained, and the modeling is good on the most part. the only thing I notice is the eyes are set too close together making the gap between the side of the head and the outer corner of the eye too great. the coloring of the upper lip appears not to meet with the upper lip ridge, so look a bit off as well.

otherwise, it's superb work!

frizzank
03-12-2004, 06:32 AM
I think she has pretty eyes

MuzzzY
03-12-2004, 07:17 AM
great work:buttrock:

tobiasth
03-12-2004, 08:41 AM
klasse arbeit!!!

grüsse aus graz. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hollis J Wood
03-13-2004, 07:19 AM
fantastic work my friend.

Jimmy_Dublo
03-13-2004, 07:59 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh my god. This thing looks so real.

RIC
03-13-2004, 10:27 AM
Excellent !!! Amazing texture !

ChR0n0_SeRgE
03-13-2004, 09:44 PM
wow!
awesome skin, brilliant detail (e.g. freckles)

kinno
03-15-2004, 02:23 PM
great chick u created there pal. juz curious, as u said that u're done wif the 1st episode... mind leak out some animation of her?

Orion71
03-16-2004, 03:17 PM
my crits:

the hair doesn't seem to match the realism of the rest of the character.

the corners of the mouth seem to have a little too much color, looks like abrasions or something.

the lower eyelid rims seem too red and plastic looking.

and the ears, but they look blurred out on purpose.

ApOxArT
03-16-2004, 08:20 PM
Hiya all there :)
I am new here and am sorry for already seeming a bit precocious...but people who dont tell the whole truth are not very nice (My native language is german and Im not perfect in the english language so please bear with me..)

But I have to agree with Beny...the cg-people Frank use are mainly Poserpeople. I cant and will not proof if all are Poserpeople but I work everyday with Poser and this since 2 years. I know all the models, I know the most textures and believe me, I have a lot of insight in the Poser-Addon-Business (like Morphs for Poserpeople and textures for them etc.) and I have a lot of stuff myself.
I made you a pics so you can see that Beny is not the one to flame and that you should be careful whom you believe.
Unfortenuately Frank did not tell that he uses Poser, he just talked and wrote about Max and Character Studio. But on his website, in his gallery you can see a lot of PIctures and they contain POSERpeople.

For example you can have a look here:

www.apographix.de/proof/ProofStephDaz.jpg

Stephanie is a model which you can buy at www.daz3d.com and I guess you can see the similarities well enough.

And here I show you the wireframe which was already shown here in a post a few pages ago...but I can do the SAME wireframe in my Poser...strange, isnt it??

www.apographix.de/proof/Proof1.jpg

Then I will show you a few other things I recognized, and no I dont want to flame Franks work, he did an awesome and wonderful job. I just cant stand it if People use it MAINLY for their work and dont tell it because they are (maybe) afraid that other 3d-artists dont take them serious enough......or if people wont see the truth and flame others, without proofing if they were maybe right. In this case Beny is right but he was flamed. No, I dont know him and I just saw the thread today. But I love fairness and I love Poser...and I know what Im saying and if you see thepics I've uploaded for you - you can see it too.

www.apographix.de/proof/ProofYuma.jpg

www.apographix.de/proof/ProofSara.jpg

And yes, it is Anetta Keys, availbale at www.3d.sk where I am a member:
www.apographix.de/proof/ProofAneta.jpg

Again, I hope that I wont be flamed because everything I said was the truth (please think before you start..). I dont want to flame someone either. I love the movies and pics Frank has made, I just want to hear from him that he has used Poser and that he will be honest. Because I use Poser myself and Im not stupid enough to eat this.

Thanks very much for your time and please dont be angry, its just important that you start opening your eyes.
Thanks and take care.
Nadine

PS: One fault which Beny made: The white guy in his "proofs" is not from Zs3d.com but by Catharina Harders (www.mec4d.com) who Frank wrote he was/or is working with, so I see absolutely no problem with that...but even here...its a texture for Michael 2, a Posermodel :)

ArtManiac76
03-17-2004, 09:54 PM
WOW!! She looks so real! She is beautiful! She would make a great doll! You did an excellent job! :bowdown:

agon
03-18-2004, 07:47 AM
so cool,I'm learn^^^^^^

Dasylupe
03-18-2004, 11:03 PM
Aheh, she looks like Sandra Bullock... did I spell that right?
Anyway, amazing job. I'm especially fond of 3d artists that incorporate a lot of texture in the face. ^ ^ Quite lovely.

kmest
03-19-2004, 09:44 AM
:bowdown: she is realy good,the model and the skin shader is perfect,i love that.specially the bump texture.
but i think the hairs are not as good as the face,and the eyes reflection and specular needs more work.
but i cant see any relationship between she and sandra bullock,:thumbsup:

Tocpe
03-26-2004, 05:38 PM
I don't wanna start a flame war or anything, I'm just passin on info that I found:
I just noticed this on the Daz3D site (http://www.daz3d.com): (On the bottom of the page as of 3/26/04)

Pictures for your Soul
Here's a link to one website that makes use of several DAZ figures and accessories for creating some wonderfully realistic characters. Soul-Pix is a German based 3d animation house that has a very modern team of artists constantly creating new and exciting work. Take a glance through their galleries for more glimpses of your favorite DAZ figures.

beny3d
04-01-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by ApOxArT
Hiya all there :)
I am new here and am sorry for already seeming a bit precocious...but people who dont tell the whole truth are not very nice (My native language is german and Im not perfect in the english language so please bear with me..)

But I have to agree with Beny...the cg-people Frank use are mainly Poserpeople. I cant and will not proof if all are Poserpeople but I work everyday with Poser and this since 2 years. I know all the models, I know the most textures and believe me, I have a lot of insight in the Poser-Addon-Business (like Morphs for Poserpeople and textures for them etc.) and I have a lot of stuff myself.
I made you a pics so you can see that Beny is not the one to flame and that you should be careful whom you believe.
Unfortenuately Frank did not tell that he uses Poser, he just talked and wrote about Max and Character Studio. But on his website, in his gallery you can see a lot of PIctures and they contain POSERpeople.

For example you can have a look here:

www.apographix.de/proof/ProofStephDaz.jpg

Stephanie is a model which you can buy at www.daz3d.com and I guess you can see the similarities well enough.

And here I show you the wireframe which was already shown here in a post a few pages ago...but I can do the SAME wireframe in my Poser...strange, isnt it??

www.apographix.de/proof/Proof1.jpg

Then I will show you a few other things I recognized, and no I dont want to flame Franks work, he did an awesome and wonderful job. I just cant stand it if People use it MAINLY for their work and dont tell it because they are (maybe) afraid that other 3d-artists dont take them serious enough......or if people wont see the truth and flame others, without proofing if they were maybe right. In this case Beny is right but he was flamed. No, I dont know him and I just saw the thread today. But I love fairness and I love Poser...and I know what Im saying and if you see thepics I've uploaded for you - you can see it too.

www.apographix.de/proof/ProofYuma.jpg

www.apographix.de/proof/ProofSara.jpg

And yes, it is Anetta Keys, availbale at www.3d.sk where I am a member:
www.apographix.de/proof/ProofAneta.jpg

Again, I hope that I wont be flamed because everything I said was the truth (please think before you start..). I dont want to flame someone either. I love the movies and pics Frank has made, I just want to hear from him that he has used Poser and that he will be honest. Because I use Poser myself and Im not stupid enough to eat this.

Thanks very much for your time and please dont be angry, its just important that you start opening your eyes.
Thanks and take care.
Nadine

PS: One fault which Beny made: The white guy in his "proofs" is not from Zs3d.com but by Catharina Harders (www.mec4d.com) who Frank wrote he was/or is working with, so I see absolutely no problem with that...but even here...its a texture for Michael 2, a Posermodel :)

yes this is what i say !!!

is this a way to get a CGTALK AWARD? (use poser and textures from shop)
moderators tell me please why the boy get a award?

DaKrunch
04-09-2004, 06:12 PM
sweet! :D

your website is also rich with cool stuff!

welcome to rebelThink forum!

westiemad
04-10-2004, 11:33 AM
Frank Zen >> I've sent you a PM

Nice work

AnDy

Martin_G_3D
04-20-2004, 12:04 PM
OMG that looks so beautifull

she looks alot like a girl I love, the eyes, the eyebrows, the skin, shape, nose etc etc

aw damn now you got me thinking of her again! :)

what german channel is this on??

Tasty
10-26-2004, 10:02 PM
not trying to be mean or anything just wondering why the left ear is so out of focus and blurry when the right one is not?

freshNfunky
10-26-2004, 10:18 PM
my friend

my eyes tell me that those eares are both blurred the same way so what does your eye tell you?
:rolleyes:

Dragonrebourn
02-15-2005, 11:34 PM
Beautiful textures!

j3st3r
04-18-2005, 08:32 PM
consequence> no one reads the posts... :sad:

CGTalk Moderation
04-18-2005, 08:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.