PDA

View Full Version : in desperate need of a rigging tutorial

gunslingerblack
03-08-2004, 11:32 PM
im in serious need of a rigging tutorial that would work on a general character and is not suited for the specific character in the tutorial, i have just begun rigging but have met with some disaster as the books i have, thier rigging section is suited towards thier model and so it does me no good to follow thier directions. unfortunately my birthday has just past and i had gotten a book on rendering from my brother, because it was better than the rigging books that the store had. if anyone knows of any good general rigging tutorials for a full skeleton please let me know, ik/fk functionality would be appreciated because im new to rigging. also i went to www.learning-maya.com and couldn't really find anything, am i missing something?

Matt Leishman
03-09-2004, 04:15 PM
this tutorial:

http://www.steven-tubbrit.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Tutorials/Tutorial_04.htm

isn't such a bad one, especially when you're new to rigging. It can cover a lot of the important basic concepts needed for one's initial approach to setting up the rig. I found it at the learning maya site.

There's a few things I'd do different because i'm me and not him :) , but generally speaking it'll point you in the right direction. And the character is general enough that you should be able to re-tool his concepts to work for your character (unless of course your character is some six legged alien with 18 eyes etc etc).

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.