PDA

View Full Version : The Old Mill

Transcendent
01-26-2002, 11:43 AM
Hi Everyone,

This is technically my first post here, though it isn't my first time in this forum. For some reason, it took an insane amount of time to verify my membership (after that redesign)... but it works now, so all is fine. Here's my latest picture for all of you to tear apart, the "old mill"

http://alshaheen.net/artists/dogyears/toweruin2.jpg

Your criticisms are welcome.

samartin
01-26-2002, 12:28 PM
m8 theres nothing to rip apart on this image, overall mood is superb... Only 1 crit there a some sharpening issues (most notable around the birds). Maybe a little DOF would do ?!?!

Would like 2 c more piccies of this quality ...

PS. Whats the software your using ???

Maximus3D
01-26-2002, 12:29 PM
Looks very nice, subtle but still strong colors in it. Modeled and rendered in which program ?

Raul-Reznek
01-26-2002, 12:48 PM
AMAZING....I've got no words.
BUT I've got a LOT of questions, like HOW u made the sky??
It's simply:eek:

lildragon
01-26-2002, 01:49 PM
Transcendent glad you made it bud http://66.70.72.50/forums/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

The image, what can I say, I love it. I mean not only does it remind me of fallout, but it makes me want to play the game again :)

The mood, the atmosphere, everything works and blends very well, the *only* thing that kinda bugs me is the birds relative scale against the mill, they must be vultures or eagles or something :) other than that speechless..............................................

Sketch23
01-26-2002, 01:50 PM
Amazing! Really nice piece. Love the composition. The use of forground elements is great. Look forward to seeing more of your posts.

Aton
01-26-2002, 03:07 PM
It is now a wallpaper on my monitor.. :)

Jhonus
01-26-2002, 04:45 PM
transcendent, do you have a website?

very cool image, no crits.

Hmura
01-26-2002, 05:10 PM
Very nice indeed, rust on the bent pillar, lighting, fog, metal textures, the sky it all goes great together to create a 'beautiful' scene.

>>H<<

Transcendent
01-27-2002, 04:41 AM
samartin and Maximus3D : It's 3dmax and PSP. A heavily edited photograph was used for the sky. And yes, it's scanline, before anybody asks. The sharpening is definitely an issue, though probably a result of carelessness (you know how it goes, one sharpen too much, and you'll have a halo around everything), thanks for telling.

Raul-Reznek : I'll be doing a short tutorial on this, keep an eye out :)

lildragon : Actually, they are eagles, or so they are meant to be (or really, really large birds, take your pick). I had considered the issue of scale, but I figured shrunk any more, the birds would look like film grain, so I left it as it is.

Krugar : No, but I'm working on one, or so I keep saying :)

And thanks everyone else for bothering to comment. Cheers !

Raul-Reznek
01-29-2002, 04:06 PM
:D :D YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!
Skies are the most beautiful elements in any scene I believe.When willu be makin it.I can hardly wait.

C Ya:D

zeke
01-29-2002, 05:44 PM
What an amazing scene!
I like the depth of this picture.:)

Nadab
01-29-2002, 06:09 PM
very nice athomsphere, like the setup, reminds more like 2d than 3d thou.. but i like it.

parallax
01-29-2002, 10:41 PM
very nice.
Only thing bothering me is the left part of the bridge.
There seems to be a slight edge effect. As if it was pasted in.
Not to obvious though. Overall very very cool lighting and atmosphere. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.