PDA

View Full Version : Enviroment: 12eyes

peXel
03-08-2004, 03:04 PM
http://home.arcor.de/c4d-treff/daten/12eyes_big.jpg

I finished my small, small teaser for my 12eyes animation project.
That's a still image taken from the animation.

small small 12eyes teaser (2,5 mb) (http://home.arcor.de/c4d-treff/12eyes_ani.html)

I hope you like it!?
Sorry for the sound compression. the soundtrack is not really the best, I had problem to get a free version of korsakow "hummelflug" so I did the sound by myself with my old violin. klimper, klapper, klack, klack, klack :)

Thank you much for your help :

Arndt von Königsmarck (for Translucent Pro)
Basti Stanek (compositing)
Michael Auerbach (for all the lillte and big things)
Björn Marl (XPresso)
Naam (Animation hints)
and Paul Everett (for learning me to use SoftIK and the plugin Visual Selector)

Now it's time for doing the movie! I hope so.

You can download both meshes on my homepage (c4d 8.5, mocca, thinkingparticles, pyrocluster are needed and of course Visual Selector). They are completly texured and ready for animation (inclusive the dirtmaps). There is some useful XPresso stuff in it. Have fun with it.

The bee, called MaYa :)

http://home.arcor.de/c4d-treff/daten/insect.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Best regards
peXel

Tuga_3D
03-08-2004, 03:18 PM
:)
first of all thanks for sharing the mesh.
You can always learn new technics this way.
Critcs - i really like the general ideia and think theres some nice
work done here.
Though in you could still improve some movements
that seem a bit rusted, or not so fluid.

:thumbsup:

tobiasth
03-08-2004, 03:47 PM
very good work, i like the textures very much! :thumbsup:

peXel
03-08-2004, 04:40 PM
thx!
the background texture was painted with acryl and then scanned.

brammelo
03-08-2004, 04:49 PM
Great models, great texture work. Alas, movement a bit too mechanical for my taste. In my mind those heads on their tentacle (root) should wobble a whole lot more (Soft IK?).

Cheers,
BaRa

Biped
03-08-2004, 06:46 PM
nice style and texture.:thumbsup:

peXel
03-09-2004, 05:45 AM
brammelo you are right it's softik. i used the "steril" style, because i want to describe machines are not perfect. matrix goes the way, machines like nature, sa perfect as possible. first i never animated not mechanical stuff before, that's the first test for it, so :)

:)

davhub
03-09-2004, 08:54 AM
Hi Pexel.. really wonderful textures, Maya has an incredible level of detailing! :eek:

the cave is very nice!. It's a pity the photoreal level textures seems to disappear in the animation lighting setup... :hmm:

probaly a bluish overall color scheme could be of some help :)

The strange is the molted lava texture of the neck...
I could see it's self illuminated since I see it prevailing in the
cave shot... it seems strange no other part of the bee is self illuminated and only the neck (the thinnest part of its body) is...

but interesting work: lot of suggestions :)

davhub

Gnomeman
03-09-2004, 01:28 PM
I liked this one. A lot of green, but its a odd, metal-like green that I think adds to the image.

Good work.

peXel
03-09-2004, 01:55 PM
jep for the connection i used glow, i think it's a nice effect, better than miking it like the rest !?

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.