PDA

View Full Version : Maya Joints and IK Handles

chrisdude0000
03-08-2004, 04:03 PM
I have a charecter set up and he is all rigged and weighted. I messed on his arms though and when I move the IK handle his arms bend with the joint going straight up and I want it to flex to the back. how can I get it so that I can adjust the arms pivot. or a good tutorial on it thanks.

chrisdude0000
03-08-2004, 04:28 PM
ok I got it working now but had to detach skins. I have another problem now when I move my IK handle for my arm it does not move the IK's that are attacked to the fingers. It does not affect the fingers though and I have to move the finger IK handles seperatley and it is annoying when animating a walk or something where the charecter is moving.

lricho
03-09-2004, 02:33 AM
why not parent the finger ik's to the hand ik, or even better, not use ik on the fingers at all. Either rotate them manually, or set up attributes on a control object and link them with Set Driven Keys

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.