PDA

View Full Version : stop-walk-kick? do i use motionmixer?

benjii19
03-08-2004, 01:09 PM
Hi Having problems trying to make cycles more varied, and struggling to find any good tutorials. Ive got a looped cycle of a character walking however I need him to open a door first and then he walks then I need him to speed up the walk and kick something. How am I supposed to do this without keyframing everything I heard u can use motion mixer, but havent had much success with that, plus how can I add keys to the start of an animation, ive tried this but i have to apply it to every single animated part of my character otherwise some bits appear of sync, surely u can move all parts along at the same time. I used repeat for each animated part in the graph editor to get the cycle, havent figured out the cyclist plugin yet. Cheers

SheepFactory
03-08-2004, 01:13 PM
i would keyframe everything in that case.

grury
03-08-2004, 01:47 PM
I agree with Sheep, I'll have to create all the separate clips anyways b4 putting em together with the motion mixer, so why not just keyframe the all thing and have more control over it, not to talk about the time you gonna waste trying to get the transitions rite on the mixer.

benjii19
03-08-2004, 02:18 PM
Is there a way of shifting the animation along by 30 frames or so and the stopping the cycle so that I can key in the kick? guessing u use the graph editor, reading the manual now, so hopefully ill find out.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.