PDA

View Full Version : Rendering Different Lighting Rigs

Matzu
03-07-2004, 11:51 PM
I'm a little confused and was hoping that someone might be able to help.

I'm trying to set up different light rigs for a scene (morning, afternoon and evening), but can seem to not have all the lights render.

I added the lights for the morning rig to a render layer and turned it off, but that didn't seem to do anything.

thx,m

Emmortal1
03-08-2004, 01:09 AM
Did you try hiding the lights?

Matzu
03-08-2004, 05:08 PM
oh yeah

Matzu
03-09-2004, 02:36 PM
I ended up just going through and turning off the visibility of the all the lights I wasn't using.

I still don't understand what Render Layers do. Could someone pls explain it to me?

annaleah
03-09-2004, 03:13 PM
Render layers seem to be for objects.
If you add a object to a render layer then deselect it then it wont render and visa versa if its the only layer selected it will be the only thing rendered.
Useing this with the supplied alpha would make compositing easier.
Say if you have an object and you set it to render with GI then you could render just that layer and composite onto a backdrop in photoshop or other without having to rendr the rest of the scene.

For more information in the manuals...
How do I? > Render a scene > Set up layers and passes >
Create render layers
Hope this helps somewhat....

Annaleah

danylyon
03-10-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Matzu
I ended up just going through and turning off the visibility of the all the lights I wasn't using.
or even better.. make groups and hide the group.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.