PDA

View Full Version : I made a diffusion map, where do i put it in render tree???? Help!!!

HapZungLam
07-04-2002, 03:44 PM
In the render tree, i am pretty confused with all the nodes. Well, now i am getting use to it. but still, i am very confused.

First, i have a "phong node", "meterial node".

then if I get a picture or texture, it slit up into diffuse blend, and ambien blend. Then when i open up those two blend. They are breaking down as "base color", "color", "weight".

Alright, first of all. what are those mean.....

2nd, i have a color map. What i usually do is just plug into "color" of the diffuse and ambien blend. Did i do wrong?

3rd. I have a diffuse map (everyone knows what is it right? i am not quite sure, after i read Leigh's tutorial, i get more confuse. but anyways, as my understanding. Diffuse map is to control the intensity of a color map. Well... am i right? or wrong?) Where do i apply this diffuse map. should it plug into diffuse base? weight? or add an extra node.. i don't know

Anyone knows????

krisr
07-04-2002, 05:08 PM
In a 2 or 8 color mixer, the base color is the most underlying color. If left alone, it is a constant shader with no shading variance, etc. If you want your base color to be phong for example, you plug a phong shader into the base color. Under "color 1", the "color" node is the same as the "base color" except it will be placed on top of the "base color". Again, if left alone, it will be a constant color...plug your phong shader into the "color" node. The "weight" is simply the intensity of the "color". If it is at .5 for RGB, than you will have 1/2 of your base color mixed with 1/2 of your color 1. If you have a weight map or blending map texture, plug that into the weight so the light to dark values of the weight map will drive the blending of color 1. Hope this helps.

HapZungLam
07-04-2002, 05:25 PM
okay, i kind of understand now. those color channels.

but how do i apply "diffuse map"?

as a "base color" in the "mixer"?

or as a "base color" in "diffuse blend node"

HapZungLam
07-04-2002, 05:26 PM
but isn't it "diffuse map" is the control how much reflection of your "color map"?

if i plug into "base color" i dont' think it will have to effect. or if i mix the two. it own' thave the effect too.

krisr
07-05-2002, 03:22 PM
ok....I see what you mean now. I assumed you built the shader in the render tree and not through the "material, shader and texture" menus in the render panel. See image below to understand what I mean...maybe this help you more. See how the black/white fader texture drives the weight of the blueish brick texture.

HapZungLam
07-05-2002, 06:54 PM
Thank you so much~~~ :) :) :) :p

I understand now

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.