PDA

View Full Version : creating 3d animation for Flash

Tarscher
03-07-2004, 07:31 PM
Hi all,

I have been assigend to create a website and was thinking in using some 3d flash animation. It will be used to explain the working method of a machine.

I 'm using Maya as my 3D package but have no experience using 3d vector rendering. Lucky eough I have version 5 which comes with a build in vector renderen.
Someone has exprecience with it in using flash animations? Is it any good or do you prefer a plugin...
Maybee I can see some examples...

kind regards
Stijn

RAK
03-07-2004, 08:36 PM
One tip.
build your models very carefull. Normaly its a good thing to not let all the geometry join, but leave a small gap that would be coverd by the outline of the vector render.
This has the advantage that seam lines are crisp and follow the right contours.

I would not consider gooing for other plugins (I have a lot of experience withe the Inkworks and Swiffworks pluginn from CAS). But they have stopped supporting them as the native vector renderer in Maya is as good but a lot cheaper...

as for examples i will have a look for you...

AshtonWoolley
03-08-2004, 01:37 PM
Hey man

You can export 3D animations into flash easyly, you just export it as a SWF file, the only problem i have heard of with this is that the file is quite big and quite anoyying to download if the geust/view of the site has dial up or then have broadband but dont want to waste there bandwith.

ASW

Scott Harris
03-08-2004, 07:34 PM
I tried out the maya vector render for fun and I really liked it...

It works good if you are willing to be creative and patient with the limitations...

I was going to post this when I was further along but I am redoing my site with some vector stuff so you can take a look

meta-phor v2 (http://www.meta-phor.com/enter)

this is not much so far but i guess its an example...

Scott Harris
03-08-2004, 07:45 PM
uhg...double post...

Sorry...

Tarscher
03-09-2004, 12:48 AM
thanks for the replies. I ll post my work later.

It wouls be great if someone can find me some nice tutoriels/examples .

regards
Stijn

ScottSonnenberg
03-10-2004, 03:26 PM
Maya 5's vector render is really cool, but must be used sparingly for the web. The load times can become HUGE in Flash.

I use a little of it on my site.

click here to check it out (http://www.scottsonnenberg.com)

TheAlienGus
03-13-2004, 08:52 PM
As far as file size Optimaze by Swift would be my suggestion . . . either that or break everything done into seperate files.

shadow12
03-17-2004, 08:53 AM
You can use swift 3d its basic modelling and rendering but you can import from 3ds files so save your work in 3ds file and import to swift 3d and that will make your object into swf format or you can use the swift importer in flash mx. You can also do animaiton in swift 3d.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.