PDA

View Full Version : Lizardhunter, A.baldasseroni (3D)

Baldasseroni
03-07-2004, 02:08 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/7988/lizardhunter_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/7988/lizardhunter.jpg)

Hi :wavey:

Finally completed this guy in max 5 and Photoshop

Thanks, in no particualr order to Alberto, Oistein, Jason and all the friends and collegues which supported me
Hope you like it !

http://www.eklettica.com/images/artworks/lizardgi.jpg

http://www.eklettica.com/images/artworks/lizardwire.jpg

ostov
03-07-2004, 02:15 PM
Great work my friend! Everthing from modeling to lightning is great, and I really like the helmet!
Keep it up dude:)

Ostov aka. oystein ;)

ThirdEye
03-07-2004, 02:18 PM
Kickass work as usual, great modeling, great texturing and great lighting too. Nice pose as well, i love the mood and the expression of the character. Thx for including me in your thx list :D
5 stars and a [plug on the front page], congrats! :wavey:

jud
03-07-2004, 02:20 PM
Friggin great piece of work.

jud

sMileGraPhix
03-07-2004, 02:27 PM
Hi Ale!

than. It's finished! very very good model! i love your attention to the particulars and your work in photoshop!

well done! :beer:

NightSky
03-07-2004, 02:51 PM
Sweeet, he looks like a cross between Billy Bob Thornton and Boris Karloff!:p :D Great work!!:thumbsup:

bluemagicuk
03-07-2004, 02:57 PM
LoL he does look like billy bob now that you mention it.
Lizards look out !!!
I love it .... really stunning i think that the left arm is the best part
of the image. ... thats crazy good :surprised

Antehr16
03-07-2004, 02:58 PM
Really nice! :drool:

Vnuk
03-07-2004, 03:01 PM
beautiful colors and lightning! When i first saw the thumbnail I was sure it was 2d :)

Xaint
03-07-2004, 03:11 PM
The face don't fit to the body, otherwise good work!
This is why the body is almost attractive and human, while the face look ugly and unhuman.

niki
03-07-2004, 03:26 PM
Wow...
good model
good textures
great work...

Swifty
03-07-2004, 03:42 PM
wow
how did you do the mesh on the bag??
and did you use hair cut for the beard ??
great work, beautiful textures

wartorn
03-07-2004, 03:46 PM
superb work there, great model, i like his posture, but my only comment is that he doesnt really look like hes carrying that heavy load, he looks way too straight in his posture to have such a load behind him. And his left arm doesnt look right, it looks like hes holding a feather in it instead of trying to keep that load on his back... otherwise great overall composition. :thumbsup:

turx
03-07-2004, 03:56 PM
wow that's wonderful! as always you made a perfect work!
the textures and colors are 1st class!

thanks for sharing it with us

Wilson-3d
03-07-2004, 03:59 PM
Great job. You really achieved the quality of a painting with your lighting and textureing. Real nice!

Matthew Moran
03-07-2004, 04:18 PM
:buttrock: That helmet is sooo sweet man. nice concept here. I would have to agree that both the modeling, and lighting are on point. Keep up the good work man!:applause:

Garma
03-07-2004, 04:26 PM
great work. Nice model and textures. The lighting isn't completely my style, but it's cool nevertheless

abonora
03-07-2004, 04:29 PM
Great character, and great render.
Awesome work as usual Balda :bowdown:

genioloko
03-07-2004, 04:30 PM
:bounce: very cool work!!!

emptyvoxel
03-07-2004, 05:14 PM
Very cool, nice portrait. Your modeling and texturing are top notch, and I think the composition and background work well with the overall mood.
A couple of things stand out to me. First, I would expect more tarnish on the gold/brass fittings and ornamentation on his belt from such a rough individual. He doesn't look like the sort who would sit around after knocking off a lizard and polish his girdle.
Second, I agree with the comment about his left arm position regarding the large load on his back. It just doesn't look like he's supporting much weight the way his wrist is bent (although he is fairly buff, and probably doesn't have to use a lot of his strength to hold that bag, at least compared to the average muscle mass of a cg nerd). This guy is obviously a professional, and he would probably have a way of hauling whatever it is in that bag more conveniently (i.e. shoulder straps).
Thats it! The texturing is just... wow... and the modeling is... oh yeah.
:drool:

Thanks for sharing!
-T

mahpiya
03-07-2004, 05:20 PM
Very nice model, texturing is above average - big time!

The wireframe on the head and torso, work for still poses, but productively, they are messy and will be hard to bind/envelope.
Typically, facial wireframes need to be circulat around the mouth and eyes, it would be extremely difficult to animate shapes with the wireframe shown.

Sorry for the comments, just speaking from experience with production.

neonoodle
03-07-2004, 08:39 PM
He looks like Willem Defoe to me. Nice job on the model.

oolong
03-07-2004, 08:58 PM
I love it, and i love all the colors in this pic. I think there should be some soft shadowing where hes gripping his axe. That section looks pretty void of shadows, like the axe shouldnt even be there. I think the axe head could use some work too, it seems too flat, could just be the lighting though. Great modeling work, and very creative helmet design!

mikepolizos
03-07-2004, 09:38 PM
Awesome level of detail!
Great textures too.

:thumbsup:

GRMac13
03-07-2004, 10:09 PM
Excellent model and textures. I'm really impressed by your attention to detail. I only have one crit, other than what's been stated already about the pose looking unnatural what with the heavy load. The other thing that stands out to me is the eyes. They seem lifeless, and sort of unfocused. It could be for a number of reasons, but I think the fact that they don't seem "wet" enough is one of the main factors. Also, setting the eyes that far apart gives the character an animalistic feel, but it also makes him tougher to empathize with since he looks so alien. Work on the eyes a bit, and the pose and this will be perfect IMO.

Great job! :thumbsup:

Kel Solaar
03-07-2004, 10:41 PM
you did a great rendering job, the painting style is nice!

kodinaarian
03-07-2004, 10:42 PM
u are truely my hero

:bowdown: :bowdown:

i worship you.

:drool:

how about some tutorials for us mortals. ???

oxyg3n
03-07-2004, 10:51 PM
Nice work

Archeophant
03-08-2004, 12:04 AM
Fantastic work.

Neil
03-08-2004, 12:21 AM
Here's my take.
It's a bit over saturated, everything is blending into one.
And i don't like this 'thing' (circled) on his back... is that a rock?
I feel it messies up the outline of him, and you don't know where teh backpack starts/ends
But the rest is awesome, great work on the attnetion to detail.

http://www.sonicubegames.com/neil/lizard_guy.jpg

dreamernight
03-08-2004, 12:26 AM
cool ... nise art work, hope to see more of ur work in the future..

iXaarii
03-08-2004, 12:44 AM
wow. great details!

jaymackey
03-08-2004, 03:54 AM
Great stuff, Eklettica...

I'm pretty sure that you didn't ask for any CC, so instead of discussing the lighting, blah, blah, I will just say that I am wondering what this guy's wife looks like. ;)

dave_baer
03-08-2004, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by Eklettica
Thanks, in no particualr order to Alberto, Oistein, Jason and all the friends and collegues which supported me

What do you think this is, an awards show? LOL! j/k

Very nice work man. Nice details. :thumbsup:

may99
03-08-2004, 05:52 AM
Ok :) maybe its jus me but i feel alwas kinda of wierd when i see such an effort in somethin that could be 100 time better anathomy seem to be of but maybe its just the angle?:cry:

Supervlieg
03-08-2004, 07:17 AM
Great texture, great model!

Benton
03-08-2004, 08:56 AM
very good modleing

phoenix
03-08-2004, 09:36 AM
hello .. nice work man.... its pretty impressive

but i see some serious problems with it like....

Neck is not right....
The distance between the two eyes is not right...
The relative size of the arms muscles is not right....
Over exposure of the light at head area does not make sence....
face texture is not right seems to be plastic compared to the rest of the body...

anyway..... no offenece.....critqued in good faith

regards
The demon

Gameleo
03-08-2004, 10:05 AM
uao!

really good!

Very realistic details...

the face seems to be plastic, maybe is the lighting or the bump mapping...

the body is great!

Gameleo

azazel
03-08-2004, 11:19 AM
Do I see some family resemblance with His Majesty Vega ?:beer:

Baldasseroni
03-08-2004, 11:56 AM
Ok fellows, thanks to you all for the crits and the appreciations.

I frankly agree about the unnatural holding of the bag, i`ll try to make it more believable, maybe adding a shoulder strap.

I`ll even try to make the face texture more detailed,less plastic as someone suggested and to improve a bit the skin in general, although the goal of this work was not really to obtain something photorealistic, but something more illustrative and evocative.

Tarnishing the belt`s elements is a good point too, i have to admit they seem too much polished right now, compared to the whole "dirt" of the picture.

Humm...what else... NEIL observation is interesting, although my original concept included that "EAR" in the elephant elmet, anyway, thanks for the suggestion.

AZRAEL : Yes, i`m surprised that only you noticed that resemblance instead of pointing to some holliwood`s actor, it`s
more or less the same face model of Vega ;)

Cheers

Ale

kausss
03-08-2004, 12:57 PM
veramente notevole! ;)

Renoiro
03-08-2004, 02:19 PM
Looks cool.
The pic is great, some minor points are off - the chest looks a bit strange, shouldn't look so embossed right below the neck. The scar's too flat on the other hand. The eyebrows... are these photoshoped? I really like 'em. :thumbsup:
Oh, and isn't he a bit fat? :p

Raul-Reznek
03-08-2004, 02:23 PM
excellent stuff dude.
i like the modeling, the only prob i see is the face that is smaller than the body proportions giving your char a cartoonish look.

f.e. the chin is too small.

really cool.

Renoiro
03-08-2004, 02:29 PM
Oh, and something's wrong with the shadow of the net. Is it there?

MarvWiersch
03-08-2004, 04:39 PM
Give the guy a neck!

Even Arnold has a neck and he's bigger than this guy is... great stuff though.:applause:

Fire_Master...
03-08-2004, 08:08 PM
fantastic!

Baldasseroni
03-08-2004, 09:36 PM
Ok, check the first pic, i edited the post...picture a bit desaturated, added a strap to renforce the bag holding and dirtened a bit the gold shiny parts...tomorrow i`ll fix some other stuff, thanks to you all for the precious suggestions :thumbsup:

Ale

emptyvoxel
03-09-2004, 02:43 AM
Oh man... Now I think the pic is just about perfect! Wow!

The shoulder strap definately balances him out, and the gold bits stand out much less. I think if you take a look at the netting shadows there will be no faults with this image. It is simply awesome.

I say disregard anyone who comments about his anatomy. I mean, yeah, his eyes are too far apart for a human, maybe his neck is a bit short and his musculature is different than an average human... but he isn't human! Even if he was human, I've seen a lot of people way more weird looking than this guy. :surprised

Very, very impressive.

-T

DoLeeP
03-09-2004, 03:20 AM
very good work every thing just great
ur work amazing:thumbsup:

zboot
03-09-2004, 03:57 AM
cool !!

the part of top is better than the bottem,

cermit
03-09-2004, 07:49 AM
wow...thats amazing..just perfect

Mars3d
03-09-2004, 07:39 PM
Great work!

Baldasseroni
03-09-2004, 11:13 PM
Ok, last update eheh....modified the face texture a bit to make it less plastic, improved (imho) opinion the texture on the plate of his skirt and added some ornaments on the axe...that`s all folks, i won`t touch it for a long time...
thanks to you all :)

Ale

http://www.eklettica.com/images/artworks/lizardhunter.jpg

sMileGraPhix
03-10-2004, 09:06 AM
ohh!

well! not bad adjustment! very very better. also the saturation decrease is good :buttrock:

Bye!

gmiller8
12-07-2004, 01:27 AM
I doubt anyone will read this, but it is a really cool design. It looks like it was painted on canvas by Divinci or one of the other great artists of the past.:thumbsup:

Baldasseroni
12-07-2004, 09:57 AM
I read it ;) ...

Thanks for the appreciation.....but you are definitely too good ;)

cheers,

Ale

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.