PDA

View Full Version : Beast of Burden - Character/contraption - Sangotten

Sangotten
07-04-2002, 03:06 PM
...Ehhhhh Hello folks!!!

Well here is my idea for this challenge...

It's a Griffin, this creature is actually more a Beast of War because it is supplying goods needed on the battle field through the air... Because griffins are rare creatures they will not be used in battle unless they are on the losing hand. To protect the griffin during it's flight he has armor on his stumache and is flown by an Aviator that's a soldier with a special band with the Griffin, this Aviator controlls the griffin and will go in to battle with it...

The Griffin carries hot peck/oil to drop on the enemy...

here's a first quick sketch:

puddlefish
07-04-2002, 10:11 PM
Good start, but a few points early:

The wings don't look powerful enough to carry the body, I know that a wasp's don't either, but I think in the case of a Griffin (being classically a fearsome and powerful creature) they could do with a bit more muscle and span.

Also, the dragon point tail doesn't really look right. I can't remember what the tail of a Griffin is supposed to look like, but this is clashing a little with the rest of the body in my opinion.

And finally (picky picky) the pot doesn't really do it for me. Personally I don't think a Griffin needs any additional weapons, but if you want to include one, I'd suggest designing something a little more practical. The pot would probably weigh the Griffin down considerably when flying and seriously compromise its maneuverability, and is only really good for one shot (drop?) Maybe something that's actually designed around the body of the Griffin, so as not to impeed its movements would look a little better?

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

Tommy Lee
07-05-2002, 12:19 AM
Looks great till now!
Some changes like PuddleF. says would do the job....

Great:thumbsup:

Tommy Lee

Palombasso
07-05-2002, 03:41 AM
The tail is supposed to be that of a Lion.
A griffon is half lion and half eagle.

wildsheepchase
07-05-2002, 08:05 AM
Personally, I like the pot of oil and I don't really mind it's tail. I could see the wings being bigger and having him leaning forward a little more(straining to carry the pot).
I like it:buttrock:

ZrO-1
07-05-2002, 09:05 AM
great idea. really well thought out. I agree on the wings. It looks like you're off to a good start.

Iguiniz.X.
07-05-2002, 01:35 PM
He nice consept. As said before work on the wings.
Just an idea for weopons on the eagle.
Why not make a archer or a bunch of them ride the eagle.
So they can shoot arrows from above.
I just love :love: archers and their bows. It is so ellegant I think.
Here a great drawing of MADUREIRA of a warrior eagle, I bet you know him.:p
One for the large version and to keep it within proportions I'll post a smaller version
http://www.trilunar.com/dl/CH_12.htm (http://)

Arco
07-06-2002, 01:27 AM
I love the legs on him and the guy sitting on it looks cool! I think that maybe the wings are too small as already mentioned and also the eagle face looks a little static.

Arco

Sangotten
07-06-2002, 12:10 PM
Wow thanks guys!!!

Okay you guys gave me really good feedback on a very crappy sketch...

I'm working on a new sketch but I'm to busy with other things at the moment so expect a update after the weekend!!!

Once again...Thanx for good crit!!:beer:

Gamoron
07-06-2002, 07:50 PM
Crappy sketch?

CRAPPY SKETCH???!!

you so craysszy!:thumbsup:

OZ
07-08-2002, 12:18 AM
GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO!!

VShane
07-08-2002, 07:41 AM
All good points about the physical aspects.

As far as composition, since this is a creature of war, and you want it to fly, and be in battle and haul a heavy load, one idea I had was having the Griffon pulling backwards against the tension of trying to pull another beast of burden form trying to break down a castle gate or wall, clenching the other beast by its ears or its nails dug into the back of the other critter pulling it backwards all the while its front feet are off the ground from the pulling force of the Griffon.

Did that make sense? I can see it pretty clear, just a helping hand of brainstorming!

Cgkoko
07-10-2002, 02:18 PM
:cry: :shrug: Where is it?I want to see an update!

Work Work Work you lazy spikehead!

Sangotten
07-10-2002, 11:58 PM
Damn I just got a day job from 9 to 5... I know I suck!!!

Thanx everyone, a update is on it's way!!!:wip:

Iguiniz.X.
08-02-2002, 10:29 AM
I see you won't finish this one eigher.:annoyed:
he what kind of job do you have anyway
better get rocking next challenge

by for now

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.