PDA

View Full Version : A new one: Islands of Agbar

Ultragames
03-07-2004, 07:02 AM
I call this one, Islands of Agbar.

I had the land alot lighter in color, and greyer, but a friend of mine suggested pumping it up. This peice is part of an on going series. Im trying to improve on my level of detail as i progress. As you can see, i have added land, and clouds to the mix, since my last peice, Brothers of the Heavens

So here it is. PLEASE tell me what you think so i can fix it if need be. And so i can improve on my next peice.

Islands of Agbar (http://www.armitrex.com/islands2_big.jpg)

Smaller Resolution. Larger one suggested. (http://www.armitrex.com/islands2_sm.jpg)

StarSlicer
03-07-2004, 07:31 AM
I always love it when people surprise me! I clicked on that link thinking I would see another seascape. Instead, I get treated with a space scene. I like it a lot, what program did you use?

If I had to say anything, I would say put more objects out in space. The planet is very detailed, and the glow is a nice touch. But in the grand sceme is seems alone. (Maybe that is what you wanted.) I would like to see somthing out in the open space besides the stars. Maybe a nebula or cluster the stars more.

nalhcal
03-07-2004, 08:09 AM
I think its agod idea, but it looks like the landform need more shape, or some more variations like subtle mountains because it looks sort of like a mapped image at the moment. :)

PHE Ash
03-07-2004, 07:08 PM
I dont like the background you have used. the stars dont vary enough. You could also put another planet in the scene that is nearer. The Glow is not bad.
Take a look at my space scene its not finished but you see what i mean with the back ground.(Max standart map)

iXaarii
03-08-2004, 01:48 AM
I'd sugest more detail to the sky. constelations or colours?

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.