PDA

View Full Version : GeForce display problem

Nicool
03-06-2004, 10:54 AM
Hye,
I've just built my new computer purchasing a GeForce FX 5600 XT hoping I wouldn't get displaying problem... And that false! When I switch to a sinlge window from a four panes : the single window crashes to a weird image crash. And the same in the hypershade window. I've installed the 5.3.0.3 driver.

How to get ride of this poor problem?

(My current solution is to minimize, then maximize the maya main window... every time I switch to a single window :( .)

Plunderhawk
03-06-2004, 11:13 AM
Hi Nicool,

I've just had exactly the same problem with the same card (fx 5600).

I installed an older driver and it fixed the problem. I'm going to wait for an update of the 53.03 drivers to see if the problem is fixed, Until then I'm sticking with this driver (43.40).

Another problem I had was it wasn't showing up as an 8x Agp, Instead it was showing up as a PCI card ???. The old drivers fixed this too.

Good luck.
:thumbsup:

Nicool
03-06-2004, 06:02 PM
I eard to change for an older driver on this thread too : http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=107098

But I can't get the 43.40 driver version you are talking :(
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-2k_archive.html

I can't put my AGP 8X (2x or 1x neither), it stay to 4X... Can you explain me more about it?

Still need your help !

Plunderhawk
03-06-2004, 09:43 PM
The nearest ones to mine are 43.45 which should do fine. I'm using 43.40 driver because I couldn't find any others on a cd at the time. I hadn't got an internet connection :(

Try those ones they should be better than the 53.03 version.

:thumbsup:

NUKE-CG
03-06-2004, 09:57 PM
Http://www.guru3d.com

There you can find essentially every driver released, or leaked. Don't bother with the 55.XX series Forceware either, another crummy release by Nvidia.

I recommend 45.23 - I know other that use them, and they are probably the best version for Maya users.

Nicool
03-06-2004, 10:06 PM
Plunderhawk : What about I can't put my AGP 8X (2x or 1x neither), it stay to 4X... Can you explain me more about it?

NUKE-CG : As you recommend me, I download 45.23 version. But... What kind of idiot they in doing those new drivers? Why deleting features that worked right? Because of it, I can't take profit of their new features which kill Maya How to?

Should we explain them our problem about their way to update drivers ?

Plunderhawk
03-06-2004, 10:15 PM
If your Motherboard allows 8x agp then just go into your bios settings (just press Del key when booting) and there should be a setting for 2x, 4x or 8x.

If 8x isn't in the list then your board can't use this feature.

Hope this helps.

NUKE-CG
03-06-2004, 10:17 PM
Nicool, Nvidia's new drivers are trying to be as fast as possible, ATi are putting them to shame when they counter-release a new model. So what happens is some things like openGL refresh and stability in pro apps, go down the toilet.

This is to be expected though, the Quadro line of cards are targeted for application use. Also on that page is links to SoftQuadro, read the Help File, forums, and search for the few related topics on these boards, it is a driver hack in essense, which tricks the computer into thinking your Ti/FX is a Quadro (within reason, as some advantages are hardware based).. still worth a look.

Nicool
03-06-2004, 10:31 PM
Thx, you help me a lot both

I've just tested the 45.23 version with Maya and it work right ! I'll have look at my bios about the nX AGP bus. And I'll search for tuning my little geForce to a monster Quadro (only if I don't have to weld something on my card ;) )

But by decreasing my driver version, do I lost performance?
And the ultimate question... To use Maya mainly, am I true in purchasing a Geforce instead of a the radeon9200 my saleman adviced me?

Plunderhawk
03-06-2004, 10:38 PM
Nicool, No Problem, glad to help.:buttrock:

Nuke-CG:
Have you tried SoftQuadro. If so did it work in maya?

Cheers.

NUKE-CG
03-06-2004, 11:49 PM
Nicool, I don't think you'd notice a big different in Maya at all, I sure didn't, and in return you get solid refresh, and non-lagging marking menus.

Stick with Nvidia for the time being. ATi are DirectX targeted.

Plunder, I used it 2 formats ago (5 months), I'll probably reinstall it back eventually, I'm mindway through some work so I cannot tamper with what works at the moment, my experience with it seemed to be faster and more accurate wireframes being drawn, which I'm sure is not just mind over matter. I read a few benchmarks which seem to backup the claim that it adds a boost to the card in different situations (refresh, AA, wireframes).

Kilgore
03-07-2004, 06:16 PM
The driver is the problem. I had that very problem, and reverting my driver back fixed it. I ran into this problem at work 3 months ago...Not sure how many revisions of drivers nvidia has released since. **sheesh**

stallion151
03-08-2004, 01:40 AM
this is from a previous post....just like this:eek: it is a script that is a work around in case you don't want to down-grade your display drivers.

Simply Maya (http://forum.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?threadid=9854)

the script goes full screen then splits it to a double then full again...or something like that. works great for me. didn't have to get the older drivers.

Nicool
03-08-2004, 02:35 PM
Thx I've taken the 43.23 and maya works right :)
Thx about this script... but I prefer a method that made me as free as possible :)

stallion151
03-08-2004, 10:16 PM
whatever bakes your cake Nicool :p
your free now boy...run like the wind.

Nicool
03-09-2004, 09:03 AM
lol :beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.