PDA

View Full Version : showreel critiques please

fmddxphile
03-06-2004, 09:49 AM
I am ready to start a new showreel so any critiques on the currenrt one are greatly appreciated
thanks

it can be downloaded and viewed at:
www.buda.com.au/hk_showreel.zip

fmddxphile
03-07-2004, 04:28 AM
common guys please
feel free 2 comment

fmddxphile
03-07-2004, 07:24 AM
:( no comments i thought this forum is about helping each other

Cod
03-07-2004, 07:55 AM
Personally, I think you need to show some wires of each of your models. Most of the demo reels companies like are the ones that show everything involved with character/model development (design, wire, etc.).

fmddxphile
03-07-2004, 08:50 PM
no more comments thats it?

kevinw
03-07-2004, 09:21 PM
I just don't like downloading .zip files. Try posting a direct link if you'd like more comments IMO

bcairns
03-07-2004, 09:31 PM
I agree that you should add some wireframe shaded turnarounds of your models. One thing I noticed is that the turnarounds seem kind of choppy. Try to smooth that out. I'm not sure if the concept sketches are necessary. Also, I'd take out the shot of the four models together, and finish the older man character that is just a torso and head right now. Keep it up! :)

agreenster
03-08-2004, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by fmddxphile
no more comments thats it?

Okay, you asked for it.

This reel is very weak. The modeling is weak. (back muscles of the first character is not anatomically correct, the buttocks are not defined, among many other things) The car doesnt look photoreal enough, nor do the shadows underneath it. The face of the second character looks like she is puckering up to kiss somebody--

The animation is very very poor. Not realistic, not refined, not expressive. Very jerky. So are the camera movements. The walk cycle of the girl in the "metal room" is unrealistic. I suggest looking at a lot of walk cycles and refining it a lot.

The sketches are weak, just speaking from an artistic/human form standpoint. Most of their feet are nothing more than mickey mouse boots. Look at some human anatomy books and figure studies (or just some of the work on this website!).

Okay, that was the bad. The good thing is, you seem like you have some desire, some creativity, and some drive. I dont know where you are in school, or anything--but stick with it because its definitely better than some stuff I've seen on here...

Goood luck

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.