PDA

View Full Version : polygon uv seams

StylizedReality
03-05-2004, 04:47 AM
I've been painting my model but between the different uv parts, there are these seams, does anyone know how to get rid of them and make it look like it's one continuous surface? thanks in advance

rebeldreams
03-07-2004, 02:19 AM
Usually Polygon>Combine then "Merge Multiple Edges will do it. If it doesn;t do the trick then turn on backface culling to see if you have any reversed normals. Sort them out with Normals>Reverse and then recombine and remerge.

I've had this problem too, in the past.. sometimes the only thing to do after combining and merging is to go through each vertex pair and merge the stragglers.

Hope this helps!

StylizedReality
03-07-2004, 04:57 AM
I probably didn't explain well enough. he's already one surface, done in the way you described, but his uvs are put into separate parts so that seams show up on his body. thanks for your reply though.

Emmortal1
03-07-2004, 07:35 AM
Tried using the clone brush along the edges where the seems meet and then blend it in?

StylizedReality
03-07-2004, 07:55 AM
I did with deep paint 3d but it doesn't seem to want to line up in places... haven't tried it with the 3d paint tool though

Emmortal1
03-07-2004, 08:11 AM
Personally I'd just do it in Photoshop, but you can do it with the 3D Paint tool. I use the clone brush in 3D paint tool on NURBS patch characters to get rid of my texture seams.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.