PDA

View Full Version : Flash Site

!senob!
03-05-2004, 02:43 AM
Im working on this website, Can you tell me what you like and dont like.

http://www.ts.skwerm.com/mojo/pcsi/

And any tips on making a photo title text variable to work in conjunction with my slide show component.

Thanks again and Cheers

Mr. Sparkles
03-05-2004, 09:39 PM
hi, i don't know how to help you with your question but i wanted to suggest moving the navigation under the banner and above the slide show. maybe just some space between the navigation bar and the browser bar. took a while before i noticed it.

RAK
03-05-2004, 09:57 PM
Hi, ok these "engineering & Process" subjects are difficult to make interesting. So I do understand why you are trying to aim for a lively approach.

a couple of things:
the stylised map of the us looks like a cartoon elephant to me... it might be the location spot that looks like an eye. (I have no problem with it though! i mean talk about lively).

The entry's on navigation bar's dropdownlist at the top are not very easy to read. (mainly the left bit) there is so much gooing on in the back. Also it took me a while to realise that the mission statement appears when you hover over the entry... as soon as you roll off you have missed it!

What are you trying to achieve with the slideshow/variable
that when the foto is shown you can see its title?

!senob!
03-06-2004, 04:25 PM
That is a good idea,

Thanks for the feedback and suggestion.

Cheers

Originally posted by !senob!
Im working on this website, Can you tell me what you like and dont like.

http://www.ts.skwerm.com/mojo/pcsi/

And any tips on making a photo title text variable to work in conjunction with my slide show component.

Thanks again and Cheers

!senob!
03-06-2004, 04:30 PM
Thanks RAK,

You are quite right on all accounts.

I want to add a title to each phot with dynamic text variable.
I knw another way of doing it, but then I lose the nice fading effect I like so much.

I want the best of both worlds, dont we all?

Cheers

Originally posted by RAK
Hi, ok these "engineering & Process" subjects are difficult to make interesting. So I do understand why you are trying to aim for a lively approach.

a couple of things:
the stylised map of the us looks like a cartoon elephant to me... it might be the location spot that looks like an eye. (I have no problem with it though! i mean talk about lively).

The entry's on navigation bar's dropdownlist at the top are not very easy to read. (mainly the left bit) there is so much gooing on in the back. Also it took me a while to realise that the mission statement appears when you hover over the entry... as soon as you roll off you have missed it!

What are you trying to achieve with the slideshow/variable
that when the foto is shown you can see its title?

3dJessy
03-12-2004, 07:07 PM
The website has some good components, like the little globe spinning on top, and even the big one, but is the big globe going to interact in any way or demonstrate something? If not, I think it is much too large.
The main menu on top is kind hard to find. I would suggest to make some more visible buttons or separate the website from the top or bring the buttons under the banner.
It probably wouldn't hurt to try a few more layout configurations. Some of the things look awkuardly placed. The Address near the bottom right deffinitely looks out of place. Try moving things around to explore other possibilities.
I always find that I rarely leave things the way I start them. I keep adjusting, and readjusting, and sometimes overhauling to derrive the right layout/design.

chubob
03-19-2004, 02:55 PM
I think that the flash file is, somehow, to slow. Maybe more fps could help, because of the complexity of the animation or image file size, I really dont know... Even though, it's a nice webpage

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.