PDA

View Full Version : Using relative file paths, how?

Apollux
03-05-2004, 12:12 AM
I remember there is a way for filling-in the file path (for, let's say the image-texture name) that would make the path relative to the path where the .blend is stored instead of making the path absolute (the default way).

Does anybody remember how to do this?

Apollux
03-05-2004, 12:21 AM
Relative paths are referenced with // in the various places you can use paths in blender. For example, using //render/ for your render output will put all rendered output in a subdirectory relative to your .blend file called render. I set all of my projects up this way when possible, using //textures/, etc.

The other solution that works for images and such is to pack them with the .blend file. I assume this works for .avis, but I haven't tried it. Just make sure you have selected that little package looking button next to the Reload button in the Texture (F6) window or other places you can find it (like the UV/Image editor window).

I think going to the File menu and choosing Pack Data also does this for all images and such in the .blend file, but its a feature I haven't used so it might function a little differently.

This was posted by ZAZ on Elysiun :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.