PDA

View Full Version : Environment: Claustro

juanjgon
03-04-2004, 05:24 PM
Hello to everybody ...

Here is a fast work (in fact i made all in about 6 hours) of test render for a client who wants to make a complete cathedral ... full modeled and rendered in Lightwave 7.5

It is not very detailed, but i think that final image looks good ...
I hope you like it ...

http://www.arrakis.es/~juanj/_temp/claustro.jpg

roborn
03-04-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by juanjgon
Here is a fast work (in fact i made all in about 6 hours) of test render for a client who wants to make a complete cathedral...

no $hit? :curious:

well, that's a great job for 6 hours!
the floor suxs a little bit, but the rest rulez a lot!

wireframe please :cool:

good job! :thumbsup:

Tuga_3D
03-04-2004, 05:52 PM
:surprised

6 hours?! Madre de dios!

:applause:

Z1K0B4
03-04-2004, 06:30 PM
Your client should be very impressed! And as Hatebreeder was trying to say
"the floor suxs a little bit, but the rest rulez a lot!"
umm yeah, this isn't highschool!

the floor would look stunning if it were modeled rather than textured in. I'd love to see cobblestones with depth!

nice job!

Garma
03-04-2004, 06:37 PM
well, you went into my favourite list, juanjgon. I could easily see myself walking there. Again awesome lighting. I think the floor is cool but there's too much blue near the windows in the shadow.

For six hours this is very impressing.

One question: how did you do the light through the upper windows? How did you get it that bright?

[edit] by the way your logo is very distracting. I'd certainly leave it out or put in a black & white version.

juanjgon
03-04-2004, 06:50 PM
Thank you for your comments ... :)

Like say before this is a very simple model, work is in texture and lighting ... as you can image i cant made a whole chatedral stone by stone and i want to test a heavy texture model with low polygon count. Final bright has been made inside LW ussing "corona" filter.

Garma
03-05-2004, 01:23 AM
I think he meant he wanted to see some level differences in the stones on the floor, it looks kinda flat now. Maybe you can fix this with a displacement map..

personally I don't really see it as a problem :)

xcvbnm
03-05-2004, 09:01 AM
Great textures and lights....
:thumbsup:

But the crits --- ;)
To me the perspective is almost orthogonal...as if taken from a high zoom lens.
Hows it that I see only the shadows of main pillers but not the other pillers?

genius995
03-05-2004, 09:15 AM
6 hours!?!?
Whoa... that can only mean one thing... you rock! :buttrock:

Very cool render!! :thumbsup:

endi2
03-05-2004, 01:06 PM
wow, very good pic, and only 8 post?
why?
this cgtalk is very strange

nanabaky
03-05-2004, 01:11 PM
i think that final image looks very good except the floor that looks little fake... too regular, a little tiling... But yeah, great render !

iXaarii
03-05-2004, 01:23 PM
wow. impressive after my own taste :-)
Love the light wash in the windows and the arches on the ceiling

juanjgon
03-05-2004, 03:46 PM
I agree with your comments about floor, but i have no more time to end image ... and in other hand i want to experiment with low polygon models to study the posilibility of construct a whole cathedral in only one scene ...

To show importance of lighting in CG here is an image of this scene without any kind of ilumination ... here yo can see how a low quality model and fast texturing could be converted in a good image with correct illumination techniques ...

http://www.arrakis.es/~juanj/_temp/sinluz.jpg

Z1K0B4
03-05-2004, 03:56 PM
I'm much more interested in seeing a wire. So your client wants to build a Cathedral? A real one? Interesting.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.