PDA

View Full Version : Coca Cola :)

ElmarNieser
03-03-2004, 09:23 PM
Some coke bottles i did.

here's a little movie about the making. http://titlechasers.net/elmar/animations/coke_bottle_01.wmv

http://titlechasers.net/elmar/images/single_scenes/coke_bottles_big_01.jpg

http://titlechasers.net/elmar/images/single_scenes/coke_bottles_big_02.jpg

Clockwork
03-03-2004, 09:28 PM
Looks pretty decent. The bottles don't look like any bottles I know, they look a tad off and the plastic bottle looks like glass. I'd tweek the material a bit.

Rasper
03-03-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Clockwork
Looks pretty decent. The bottles don't look like any bottles I know

They're common bottles in Europe.
I like em, nicely done.
But after inspection the shape might indeed seem a little off
I like em nonetheless :thumbsup:

edit: argg, why am I giving critique here, they look great! shape is certainly good enough!

Garma
03-03-2004, 09:39 PM
#rasper: the right one: we have something like that but it seems to me the proportions are a little off, and the left one: well we do have one like that but it's plastic, not glass :) So I agree with clockwork

Rasper
03-03-2004, 09:43 PM
true, left one could use some tweaking in the material-area.
perhaps a little less refraction/reflection?

Can't quite put my finger on it

ElmarNieser
03-03-2004, 09:45 PM
Well to be honest. Im not good at making materials :( especially not with Mental Ray.

Those are europe bottles. the shapes are indeed far from 100% fit, but im still working on my max skills :P

Thanks

athosghost
03-03-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Rasper
true, left one could use some tweaking in the material-area.
perhaps a little less refraction/reflection?

Can't quite put my finger on it

Yeah, I see it too. Maybe make it a bit more plastic like?

Shaykai
03-03-2004, 10:30 PM
Maybe add a little cloudy-ness (less transparency) to the plastic one to make it look more plastic :)

Shaykai

r3studios
03-04-2004, 06:43 AM
you need to check the IOR of the plastic one. maybe put some coke in it? cause its closed. some nice coke with nice bubbles :D

Supervlieg
03-04-2004, 07:31 AM
I certainly recognize these bottles. Nicely done.

I agree they could do with some coke in 'em. And the left looks like the glass one, instead of looking like plastic.

Faithbleed
03-04-2004, 08:09 AM
Great Work, I really like these, recognise the shape straight off. I have a few comments:

- The glass bottle (right one's) proportions seem a little off I think it could be that the base is too thick or the bottom half of the taper is too apparent.
- The plastic material could use some work, as the others said, its too much like glass. I suggest reducing the reflection and try to decrease the *shinyness* of it.
- The shaders for the plastic bit of coke advertising that goes round the bottles needs work. (I'm going by a bottle I have here) The ad *paper/plastic* reflects the same amount as the bottle does, but its not as shiny. Also, its has a texture to it, its not perfectly smooth like the plastic, rather it has a very very fine bump to it and even when reflecting an object, it diffuses/ blends in the area of light around it more than the plastic. Adjusting the IOR could correctly maybe.
- The ad *paper* around the glass bottle seems to be half way inside the glass as apposed to to being stuck on the outside, also the glass ad paper is just that paper, not that platic material thats on the bottles.

Hope this helps in some way.:thumbsup:

mikepolizos
03-04-2004, 08:29 AM
Cool renders man!

My only critic with the"first eye" is that the plastic bottle is look more like glass (as already someone post here)!

Keep us posted!
:thumbsup:

ElmarNieser
03-04-2004, 10:25 AM
Thanks for your critics people! ill work on them and try to get it fixed :)

Thanks alut

s0real
03-04-2004, 11:55 AM
what renderer are you using?

if you can, try and make the plastic material slightly less glossy and make the transparency blur very slightly.
perhaps you could also add a small amount of noise, as plastic also has a more imperfect look than glass.

iXaarii
03-05-2004, 01:15 PM
very nice. if it wasn't a bit for the extra smoothie look I'd bet they were real!

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.