PDA

View Full Version : Inspired by UT2K4

Pinoy McGee
03-03-2004, 04:36 PM
http://img22.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Flipmcgee/flipmcgee05.jpg

Pinky_Powers
03-03-2004, 09:26 PM
The idea is pretty cool, but it doesn't seam like you put much effort into it. Their clothing needs more thought involved, it is VERY plain and boring. The vehicle started out fairly good, but you really need to spend more time adding detail, and maybe some features to it. But my biggest all around complaint is the crappy way you drew the weapons. It is obvious that this image is all about the guns and the fighting. Yet you made up some of the stupidest looking weapons ever. I was drawing better looking fictional guns when I was 13. lol. It's obvious that you have an imagination, so please implement your creative thinking into ALL aspects of your drawings. If you just spent some time thinking of interesting cloths, and cool weapon concepts, this picture would instantly be better off.

So on and make us proud! :)
:beer:

RainAndRedGlass
03-03-2004, 09:34 PM
Pshh, well aren't YOU nice, Pinky.

Pinoy, this is good, really. I mean it's only a sketch anyway, right? I could see some improvements happening here, but it's well drawn. having played UT2K4 though, I would have to agree about the gun thing. Those could be ANY guns. And the big box one is... weird. I like the gun the gitrl on top has tho. Heheh kinda retro lookin' (looks like a rocket)
:thumbsup:

Pinoy McGee
03-04-2004, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. I totally appreciate honest and frank crits :cry:

The main things I want to "showcase" in this piece are the composition and gestures of the characters. The figures were conceive separately in my sketchbook, so I just thought of using a vehicle to tie them together.

If time and energy were available I'd throw in more details for sure...but, alas!

I agree with the comments on the weapons and the low detailed jeep. You guys aren't the only ones to comment on the "box" cannon. :scream: Honestly, I just threw them in almost like an afterthought. An AVRIL ref might have helped, if I have one.

Surely your feedback will be in the back of my mind in my next round of sketches. Thanks fellas :thumbsup:

Pinky_Powers
03-04-2004, 10:21 PM
Cool Beans, :)

timur04
03-05-2004, 01:02 PM
It bugs me, it seems that the fire from that girls gun can easily burn off her hand.

Jason Park
03-05-2004, 01:09 PM
The idea is cool, but I have one crit. It looks like the girl's gun is shooting out blood or something. >.< But nice work though, I look forward to the finished illustration. ^^

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.