PDA

View Full Version : Landscape: Sunset

SPENEN
03-03-2004, 03:39 PM
Aloha!

This is my last creation, "sunset" or "moonlight".
The orginal image was sunset, but then I edited the colors to make it more mysterious =).

(I didn't know if I'm allowed to direct-link to a picture at www.cgchannel.com so I just post the links to the pictures:)

http://www.cgchannel.com/gallery/viewimage.jsp?imgID=2450
http://www.cgchannel.com/gallery/viewimage.jsp?imgID=2449

It's more or less done, but anny comments are very welcome.

(The orginal picture is in 1600*1200)

thanks =)

//SPENEN

pantheransl
03-03-2004, 03:59 PM
i really like the bright gold/blue but i think that the dull clouds take away from it, maybe it would be better if you cropped off half of the clouds.

SPENEN
03-03-2004, 04:09 PM
You mean like moving the clouds upwards?
Or do you mean that I should make the image like 1600*1000 pixels so that a bit of the clouds disaphear?

Edit: I smoothed out the borders between the sky and the clouds

pantheransl
03-03-2004, 05:16 PM
i ment cut off the top half of the clouds with the crop tool in photoshop or paint shop pro or whatever you use.

Plays_4_Pants
03-03-2004, 09:01 PM
Love the colors, really bold and fresh. I think those clouds are ok, but what's up with the blackness inbetween the clouds and the grass? that throws me off.

I love it as it is however, but another suggestion is to add something to it...give it some context to work with. And I don't mean a freggin knight or Dark Elf or any of that nature. :rolleyes:

SidewinderX143
03-03-2004, 09:03 PM
the second one, with the yellow and red, looks flat out amazing.... however, I would make the sky around orange or reddish...not black....

SPENEN
03-03-2004, 09:11 PM
Thanks again for the support =).

So the most comments about it has been the blackness, so I will try to fix that.
I think I will add some more hills with a slight fog attatched so that it get deeper. And then make the sky red at the bottom and darker the further up in the sky it goes.

I will also try pantheransl's idea to cut of a bit of the clouds and see the effect =)

thanks again and I'll update soon =)

Edit:
I made the clouds border more blurred, and I have sized down my name, many people complained about the big name =).

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.