PDA

View Full Version : Still: "Bodegón"

cserbuj
03-03-2004, 11:46 AM
Hi!! Here is my new render. I made a composition of elements trying to make something nice....as always in 3DStudio max 4.2+photoshop.
I hope you like....comments are wellcome

http://www.xente.mundo-r.com/3dcarlos/3dpiks/renders/bodegon.jpg

JasonLin
03-03-2004, 11:56 AM
i think this is good~~~
nice light and texture~~
keep up~~:bounce:

Frank Dodd
03-03-2004, 12:10 PM
Very nice work on this still life image, the objects in the scene are accurate and convincing , the texturing on the objects is crisp and detailed, although the texture on the apple in the foreground does appear to be ringed as if it were applied with a spherical mapping.

The lighting is very interesting, it does have an odd feeling to it, it reminds me very clearly of the lighting I saw when we last had a partial solar eclipse.

Nice work all round.

rebeldreams
03-03-2004, 12:15 PM
It's a lovely render - technically speaking there are no crits from me...

However, compositionally, I would say remove the lemon - it's the weakest element, and its placement disrupts the flow of the image. Get rid of it, and I think the image will be stronger.

Keep 'em coming!

Rey
03-03-2004, 02:35 PM
Overall this is a good image.
The outer edges of all the forms seem to hard and crisp.
Break it up a little. Dents on the metal of the cup etc.

The composition could use some work as well.
Right now it is all bunched up in the center.
Move things around to make it visualy more interesting.

Plays_4_Pants
03-03-2004, 07:54 PM
I think what's making this picture really weak is the shadows. Look how dark that apple gets, wow that's strong. Also, everything looks really wooden...and the lemon should be repositioned...it looks like it's floating, but once again that might be the shadows playing eye tricks.

cserbuj
03-04-2004, 07:36 AM
Hi!!
Thanks for the comments.
Maybe the shadows are too dark, i will see. The problem with the lemon is surely by them.

:)

mikepolizos
03-04-2004, 02:56 PM
Awesome render!
Great lighting and lovely texturing!

Maybe the shadows nedd to be softer but maybe that's just me!

Well done again man!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

iXaarii
03-05-2004, 01:37 PM
maybe a bit more detail on the floor/table?
how'd you make the crack in the wall? I love cracks in the walls :P

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.