PDA

View Full Version : Saving images for web

kaiten
03-03-2004, 11:49 AM
What is the best way to export or save images for the web. I have Photo shop 7 and am quite skilled but when I go to export for web the image quality is either too low or the file size is too high.
Ive seen Flash sites that have realy crisp photos and super quick loading times I need to acheive this.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Ian Jones
03-03-2004, 01:28 PM
There is no 'secret'' use save for web and you'll always be making a decision. Either sacrifice quality for smaller filesize or vice versa. I suspect the problem you are having is that your saving a crisp and nice image out of Photoshop and then when you publish it in flash it looks really bad. That's just a guess, but if it is the case then in the Library window in flash, right click on your image and edit its properties, adjust the re-compression to 0 or turn it off to use original... I can't remember the exact terminology.

maxx10
03-03-2004, 01:43 PM
Save your image in photoshop at the desired compressio level and then open and save again with another soft, such as graphicconverter or even preview.app on a mac or irfanview on win, at the same quality and you'll have smaller files, photoshop puts some extra stuff in jpg

Scott Harris
03-03-2004, 05:09 PM
always save as JPEG @ 100% quality (unmatted)

in the library properties turn "allow smoothing" off

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.