PDA

View Full Version : The rebel demon

Marco-Lazzarini
03-03-2004, 08:30 AM
Hi,
these are the final versions of my "rebel demon".
I hope like you.

Created with 3dsmax and Final Render.

PS. I'm looking for a new job ;)

http://www.3dlink.it/temp/therebeldemon.jpg

http://www.3dlink.it/temp/therebeldemonb.jpg

Marco Lazzarini
www.3dlink.it

spikey
03-03-2004, 08:59 AM
First picture looks too CG to me, something about the lighting..
Second picture is much better IMO. Only thing I'd change is the way how blood "forks" out below the wound as it flows. It doesn't follow the shape of his ribs where it branches left (towards character's back) on the picture, so that is a distraction from the overall pic..

Skin is maybe a hint too reflective.. But that's probably just a matter of taste.

Those few things aside, I love the second image.

Sceme
03-03-2004, 09:24 AM
add more specular on the skin and it will be perfect. I like the first image

Scheppi
03-03-2004, 09:24 AM
the upper picture ist to dark and the lower to monocrome.

the dof is to strong -> compair the bignes of the chain in the front with those in the back. at this moment the dof looks like it would look in a playhouse.

at those pose the deamon doesnīt look like a rebel. more like a beaten. but itīs ok

mikepolizos
03-03-2004, 10:26 AM
Nice textures and the modeling is good!

As for the lighting, aaa the lighting needs some work (IMO)!

The skin is way to lighted for the wood that is way too dark!

Aslo the rusted metal behind his left hand is lighted (above the arm) while the wood is almost perfect black!

Final the wood is way tou rounded understanding from the rusted metals that the room is wheatherworn.

Second image is better because the dark areas aren't too black!

Good work though!

MKane
03-03-2004, 03:44 PM
Ok, first off, Ewww.

Next, Excellent texture on the skin, love the veins and bruises. Not sure about the bumps on his head though, I keep thinking about the Bugs Bunny line as he offers Elmer coffee dressed as the hostess, "One lump or two?"

Good Work overall, tweak the lighting a little (or the spec maps on the textures) .

voyager009
03-03-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Marco_Lazzarini

PS. I'm looking for a new job ;)

I might be interested in hiring you; if you would contact me at tedherod@dimensionproductions.com we could discuss any specifics.

Plays_4_Pants
03-03-2004, 07:57 PM
I don't know about the modelling and lighting in these pics, but I LOVE that skin texture, really detailled yet original and fleshy. Very cool and creepy

The Time Serpent
03-03-2004, 08:45 PM
i gotta say that the body lacks weight, there is no feeling that the body hangs on the nails and hand cuffs (unless he is standing on the floor, but even then considering his condition he would be able to support his weight)

RainAndRedGlass
03-03-2004, 09:29 PM
the lighting and style reminds me of Koudelka.
Ever play Koudelka? :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.