PDA

View Full Version : image artifacts?

johnnynightlife
03-03-2004, 07:07 AM
hi people, i just Rerendered this image, and i cant seem to get rid of these light areas. after i turned up most of the quality settings, i still get them, would this problem be related to global ilumination? final gather? im not sure where i am going wrong here.
Also, this image took a little over 46 hours to render, i realize that the DGS reflection on the floor increases the time signifigantly due to having to raise the sampling to around 3,4.
I also raised the GI to 4000, FG to 3000 and most other quality settings i raised to rid of the artifacts. my other question is, even though i have the very high settings, does this render time seem a little high? i did this render in one pass, i know, i know, i need to learn how to render in passes, then comp. rendered image size is 1024x768

johnnynightlife
03-03-2004, 07:10 AM
bye the way, does anyone know of any free webhosting i can use to show my images so i dont have to reduce my images?

Timefly
03-03-2004, 12:46 PM
looks like its the irradiance values of the objects the light bounce off, aka the ceiling beams, that needs to be tampered with a bit

T

lazzhar
03-03-2004, 01:01 PM
If you're using DGS just to get the glossy reflections, i'd switch to the ReflectionUtility, it's much faster in rendering, and your could adjust its sampling without using such a high one like 3:4, I think you could get similar results with just 2:3 min and max.
I'd like to see the high resolution if you dont mind johnnynightlife.

johnnynightlife
03-03-2004, 03:46 PM
Timefly, the irradiance values ara all turned down to .38, i took the time and made sure they were all at this number. ive read in several tutorials to lower the irradiance color for just this reason.

Lazzhar, ill check out the reflection utility. after i read this the first time, i looked in create render node, but couldnt locate the utility. is it an item that i need to download then add to maya?.

also, im working on setting up a site to create a link to, ill let u know whaen its up

lazzhar
03-03-2004, 05:22 PM
ReflectionUtility is a free shader where you can find on highend3d.com
Good luck.

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.