PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle: Subaru Wrx

nalhcal
03-03-2004, 06:51 AM
This is a low poly game model that I am making. At the moment it is 2026 polygons

It is mostly a test for me to learn texturing, and now I know the the basic concepts, it is fun. The texture map is 512x512.

http://img14.photobucket.com/albums/v43/nalhcal/33b.jpg
http://img14.photobucket.com/albums/v43/nalhcal/33a.jpg
http://img14.photobucket.com/albums/v43/nalhcal/map.jpg

Any critiques or comments would be great, I am here to learn. :D

TRyanD
03-03-2004, 09:38 AM
Looks good ;)

I woulda went with diffrent colored rims though :)

BonciuToma
03-03-2004, 07:35 PM
Nice car. Actualy there is a car lke this in my town and it does have yellow rims. The only difference consists in those two painted things on the front part of the car.

Quandary One12
03-03-2004, 08:20 PM
just to let you know the yellow rims come stock if you get the wrx sti verison :) at lest the ones by my house do.....

CADster
03-03-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Quandary One12
just to let you know the yellow rims come stock if you get the wrx sti verison :) at lest the ones by my house do.....

i thought they were gold and not yellow per say :shrug:

cant say too much about the car .. the overall shape looks pretty good, but i cant see a wireframe, so you cant really tell.

IMO your using waaayy too much realestate space for the tire treads. seeing how tread patterns tile very easily you could of mapped each wheel 'side' to a small tread section and stacked them..... did i explain that right ??

i dont know why you have a white line down the middle, but if you textured only to the the edge of the wiremesh, you need to paint a few pixels over (past, beyond, etc.) the wiremesh.

Quandary One12
03-03-2004, 11:24 PM
sorry yes they are a yellow / gold color forgive me for my dip shit ways....

nalhcal
03-04-2004, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by CADster
i thought they were gold and not yellow per say :shrug:

cant say too much about the car .. the overall shape looks pretty good, but i cant see a wireframe, so you cant really tell.

IMO your using waaayy too much realestate space for the tire treads. seeing how tread patterns tile very easily you could of mapped each wheel 'side' to a small tread section and stacked them..... did i explain that right ??

i dont know why you have a white line down the middle, but if you textured only to the the edge of the wiremesh, you need to paint a few pixels over (past, beyond, etc.) the wiremesh.

Well, when I made it, haveing the parts that size, sort of left the big space at the top, and it just fitted there. :o I realise that noone will ever see the tread, but I will try to arrange it better next time. :)

As for the white line, that is just because the two instanced copies weren't welded together yet, but they are now. :)

The wheels look sort of yellow, because I wasn't sure on how to paint a convincing gold colour. :)

TRyanD
03-04-2004, 01:56 AM
Yeah i was going to mentione the line, then i realized what it was hehehe.

I agree on the treads, although im not one to talk, my uvs ar ehorrid atm :P still working on my uv/skinning skills hehe.

Id like to see a wireframe myself :)

nalhcal
03-04-2004, 03:35 AM
Wireframe :)

http://img14.photobucket.com/albums/v43/nalhcal/wire.jpg

Momentum
03-08-2004, 09:45 AM
very nice model m8, have u ever tried to bake lighting onto your map? i havent ried this either, but the render-to-texture option in max 5-6 looks like it could work really well in painting subtle highlights onto your car. Just a thought, u might want to experiment. Good Luck!

amola2k
03-20-2004, 08:56 PM
nice model with this amount of polys
cheers

kid709394
05-29-2004, 03:24 AM
Hi nalhcal
do u mind to send me ur wrx model? in 3ds or maya format or whateva format u have? i m currently learning car modelling as well... wish to c how u do it. THx in advance

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.