PDA

View Full Version : Render Passes Bug

skeen
03-03-2004, 03:47 AM
Hey all. I'm trying to render out a scene using layers and passes in 5.01. I get an error in the mayaRenderLog when I try to, and the batch render just zips by with a bunch of failures. Here's the error message:

***** Error: file: H:/Program Files/AliasWavefront/Maya5.0/scripts/startup/autoLoadPlugin.mel line 37: initializePlugin function failed (Mayatomr)
Error: line 1: initializePlugin function failed (Mayatomr)
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'mentalrayItemsList'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'mentalrayGlobals'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'miDefaultOptions'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'miDefaultFramebuffer'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'Draft'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'DraftMotionBlur'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'Preview'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'PreviewMotionblur'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'PreviewCaustics'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'PreviewGlobalIllum'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'PreviewFinalGather'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'Production'; preserving node information during this session.
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'ProductionMotionblur'; preserving node information during this session.
File read in 2 seconds.
Result: C:/Documents and Settings/Keen/My Documents/maya/projects/Keen_Demo_SH1/scenes/Keen_Demo_sh1___1604.mb
Total Elapsed Time Since Start Of Maya (hh:mm:ss): 00:00:05
====================================
Resource Usage At Start Of Rendering
38813 Page faults
127.207 Mb Max resident size
127.105 Mb Peak total size(Estimated)
38.089 Mb Peak arena size
127.207 Mb Current
29.902 Mb Arrays
0.125 Mb NURBS Surface Shapes
1.000 Mb NURBS AG
5.625 Mb MEL
0.249 Mb Transforms
0.938 Mb Data Blocks
0.250 Mb Keys
Resource Usage At End Of Rendering
214 Page faults
127.980 Mb Max resident size
127.105 Mb Peak total size(Estimated)
38.089 Mb Peak arena size
127.977 Mb Current
29.902 Mb Arrays
0.125 Mb NURBS Surface Shapes
1.000 Mb NURBS AG
5.625 Mb MEL
0.249 Mb Transforms
0.938 Mb Data Blocks
0.250 Mb Keys
Total Time For Render (hh:mm:ss): 00:00:01
Total Elapsed Time For Maya (hh:mm:ss): 00:00:06

Hope that's readable :)

Anyways, I'm just trying to figure out why it's doing this. I know it's a problem with the renderpasses because if I uncheck render in layers it starts to render no problem. Any help would be appreciated!

gmask
03-03-2004, 04:20 AM
Whatever dumb reason Maya does not create the folders for MR and so it cannot find them to render to if you choose the option to create folders disable it.

misterdi
03-04-2004, 03:33 AM
From the warning message it seems to me that you are using maya software render instead of mentalray for maya render, where some mentalray nodes are involve in the scene.

If you really meant to render with maya software those warning message won't harm the render.

It's just Maya cannot load your plug-ins (mayatomr.mll) when it load the scene and that give those mental ray nodes an unrecognized status.

Mananetwork
03-14-2004, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by misterdi
From the warning message it seems to me that you are using maya software render instead of mentalray for maya render, where some mentalray nodes are involve in the scene.

If you really meant to render with maya software those warning message won't harm the render.

It's just Maya cannot load your plug-ins (mayatomr.mll) when it load the scene and that give those mental ray nodes an unrecognized status.

But what happends if your going for mentalray rendering.. I've been trying to get a decent batch render goign and all i've been doing is pulling out my hair. I've done a forum search and still can't find my answer. HELP!

danylyon
03-14-2004, 07:49 PM
I just had the same error today.

Those warning messages have nothing to do with it. (I deleted all mental ray nodes in the ma file, which resulted in no warning messages but still no render layers).

I ended up using no render layers and a mask instead :shrug:

uschi
03-15-2004, 09:49 AM
did you tied to turn off the output to subdirectory checkbox ?

misterdi
03-16-2004, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by Mananetwork
But what happends if your going for mentalray rendering.. I've been trying to get a decent batch render goign and all i've been doing is pulling out my hair. I've done a forum search and still can't find my answer. HELP!

Sorry I missed your thread.

If you want to do a mental ray batch rendering from command prompt, you should use "mayarender_with_mr" instead of using standard "render" command.

The difference is "mayarender_with_mr" is a command file where it will call mayabatch to do the rendering and it will add -command mrBatchRender_v5 as part of the argument.

mrBatchRender_v5 itself is a mel script that calls Mayatomr (this script should be on your application script directory under "other" folder).

Actually I feel this is one of weakness point on mentalray integration with maya, maybe this will be better in next version.

Mananetwork
03-16-2004, 05:31 AM
Sorry I missed your thread.

If you want to do a mental ray batch rendering from command prompt, you should use "mayarender_with_mr" instead of using standard "render" command.

The difference is "mayarender_with_mr" is a command file where it will call mayabatch to do the rendering and it will add -command mrBatchRender_v5 as part of the argument.

mrBatchRender_v5 itself is a mel script that calls Mayatomr (this script should be on your application script directory under "other" folder).

Actually I feel this is one of weakness point on mentalray integration with maya, maybe this will be better in next version.

Give me an example of a render.bat command. I'm also aiming towards doing render passes for comp later. But I can't seem to get that to work either. So i just make seperate maya files to render individual pieces.. it's a pain!

misterdi
03-17-2004, 04:52 AM
This is a sample of render_layer.bat

mayarender_with_mr C:\MayaProjects\test\scenes\render_layers.mb -proj C:\MayaProjects\test -command "mrBatchRender_v5"

This batch files is assuming:
1. You have render globals attributes all set, i.e: start frame, end frame, step etc.
2. You have set where mentalray will put the images after rendering it
Default setup on Data Transfer Location is mentalRay
3. You have create all subdirectory in images subfolder of mentalRay, as your render layer name (small glitch in this program, it doesn't create the subdirectory when it's not exist unlike Maya software renderer).

So assume you have "layer1", "layer2", "layer3" and "layer4" for your render layers, you need to create a structure like:

"ProjectDir"->
+mentalRay->
++images ->
+++layer1
+++layer2
+++layer3
+++layer4

Mentalray will stop if you don't have the output folders, end give error message.

Mananetwork
03-17-2004, 05:56 AM
This is a sample of render_layer.bat

This batch files is assuming:
1. You have render globals attributes all set, i.e: start frame, end frame, step etc.
2. You have set where mentalray will put the images after rendering it
Default setup on Data Transfer Location is mentalRay
3. You have create all subdirectory in images subfolder of mentalRay, as your render layer name (small glitch in this program, it doesn't create the subdirectory when it's not exist unlike Maya software renderer).

So assume you have "layer1", "layer2", "layer3" and "layer4" for your render layers, you need to create a structure like:

"ProjectDir"->
+mentalRay->
++images ->
+++layer1
+++layer2
+++layer3
+++layer4

Mentalray will stop if you don't have the output folders, end give error message.

Sweet, exactly what i'm looking for. Thanks for telling me about the directories. No wonder it wouldn't render out to the places i wanted it too :S

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.